Time travelers have created an amazing app

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Time travelers have created an amazing app

Post by James » December 17th, 2010, 8:21 am

Time travelers have created an amazing app. That's what this app feels like. One of the reviewers quoted Arthur C. Clarke's famous line "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." And this app is the closest to feeling like magic I've seen on the app store (Star Walk is close though!)

Until now most augmented reality apps were just gimmicky. This shows the potential of the technology.

http://questvisual.com/

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 23rd, 2010, 7:04 pm

Someone invent a working Tardis or DeLorean time machine and THEN I'll be impressed!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 28th, 2010, 4:11 pm

I actually already invented a time machine tomorrow. But then tomorrow never comes and I can't get my hands back on it!

GeorgeC

Re: Time travelers have created an amazing app

Post by GeorgeC » December 28th, 2010, 11:54 pm

I've watched too much science fiction and a bit of Red Dwarf...

I understand what Ben is saying! :lol:

Seriously, British humor is so different than American humor.
Watching BBC comedies on PBS in the US really helps conquer the cultural barrier with respect to comedy.
(Monty Python's different. It's crazy no matter what side of the Atlantic you live on!)

If I could go back in time and CHANGE humor, I'd like a bit less of the pottymouth we hear all the time today and more sophisticated dialogue with innuendo. (I love double entende.) I really don't care for a bunch of F-bombs and other four-letter words. It's just so crass, lacking style, and unsophisticated.

The comedy of Steve Martin in the late 1970s with his 'dimwit idiot' shtick was a lot better than most of what I see today...

I might be a redneck for saying this, but I prefer the Blue Collar Comedy stylings of Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, Bill Engall, and Ron White. I don't feel so dirty watching their standup routines like I do most of the rest.