Introduction to Rate My Collection. www.ratemycollection.com

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Introduction to Rate My Collection. www.ratemycollection.com

Post by Greeco » July 16th, 2012, 11:19 am

Hello, my name is Lee and I am the founder of http://www.ratemycollection.com.

The RateMyCollection site has been designed to be a fun and easy place for users to exhibit, share and promote their collections. There are many different categories and users can post pictures, valuations and discussions topics in relation to their collections. You can also feature in further details up to 10 Featured Items.

The site is free to use and registered users can submit news articles and events and list their ebay shops or other Collecting related businesses in the site's Business Directory. We're based in the UK, but we are hoping to make the site a global success.

The site is centred around a rating system that drives the placement of your listings. Collection can be ranked by the viewer based on a number of attributes (most views, highest rating in category, highest rating overall) to suit their interest.

The site does not require any personnel information so collection listings are totally anonymous.

We see the site as complementing forums such as this one, giving users the opportunity to link to their collection exhibits.

We'd love to get some animation collections on the site. So if your an avid collector, why not exhibit them at http://www.ratemycollection.com

Try it out, if you like it tell others, if not tell us by posting at the site.

Also there is a Limited Edition Founder Members Badge Promotion. Limited to 500 badges T&C's apply. Check out the site for further details.

Good Luck with your collections.
Love It, Got It, Show It! http://www.ratemycollection.com

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Introduction to Rate My Collection. www.ratemycollection

Post by Ben » July 17th, 2012, 7:53 am

Is this, technically, spam...? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » July 17th, 2012, 9:14 am

Best spam I've ever seen
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 17th, 2012, 10:38 am

Technically, but at least it's on topic, in the right forum, and looks to actually be tailored to us by an actual person. I think it's OK.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 17th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Agree.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 18th, 2012, 9:53 am

Really? Uh, okay. Just kind of unlike us to let someone new come in and post about their own site right off the bat...and also hijacking the board by even advertising/announcing it in the thread title!