2013 San Diego Comic Con

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Team
AV Team

2013 San Diego Comic Con

Post by Dan » July 23rd, 2013, 10:27 pm

Guess I was the only one who went this year.

Any way, there was an absolute mess load for me to talk about, but thought it would be a lot more fun to show things off.

First off, a wonderful panel I got to attend:

The Who Framed Roger Rabbit 25th Anniversary Panel
Moderated by producer Don Hahn and featuring animators Andreas Deja, Tom Sito, James Baxter, and Nik Ranieri, visual effects artist Dave Bossert, and the voice of Roger Rabbit himself Charles Fleisher.

(I should point out I didn't make the videos as my camera had crummy sound resolution for such)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: 2013 San Diego Comic Con

Post by Randall » July 23rd, 2013, 11:31 pm

I'm really getting the itch to go to SDCC again. Too bad I live so far away. :(

Looking forward to hearing more!

AV Team
AV Team

Re: 2013 San Diego Comic Con

Post by Dan » July 25th, 2013, 1:53 am

Next up, another wonderful little panel.

25 Years of The Disney Afternoon
Moderated by Aaron Sparrow (Editor of Darkwing Duck: The Duck Knight Returns), a celebration of the two-hour animation block that shaped our childhood. Featuring voice talent Jim Cummings (Darkwing Duck, Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers) and Rob Paulsen (Darkwing Duck, Adventures of the Gummi Bears) along with Tad Stones (creator of Darkwing Duck, Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers), Jymn Magon (creator of Talespin, Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers), and a cameo from James Silvani (Artist of Darkwing Duck: The Duck Knight Returns).

Part of the joy from this panel includes seeing the original pitch video for Goof Troop and everyone singing the theme to DuckTales. Ah, the memories. I can be heard asking the first fan question at 39:48.