The Ring Two--awful film

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Ring Two--awful film

Post by ShyViolet » March 28th, 2005, 7:30 pm

(I know this isn't really animation related, but it has been the subject for manga graphic novels, so it's KIND-OF an animation issue.)

Apologies to anyone who liked this film, but I HATED it!!! I can't even begin to describe what an awful film it is. It is:

NOT THE LEAST BIT SCARY. (Some parts are unintentionally hilarious, like the killer deer who look unbelievably fake.)

POORLY SCRIPTED (to say the least: "Listen to the voices!" is one line.)

BADLY DIRECTED (I had no idea what was going on half the time. Moreover, I didn't care.)

NOT EVEN ABOUT THE VIDEOTAPE: (It's all about how Samara wants a "mommy")

VERY TEDIOUS: "Slow" does not pass for scary. It doesn't have any of the great build-up/dread of the first film, the nightmarish images, or the "dream-logic". It was directed by Hideo Nakata, who directed the original "Ringu", the Japanese version of the Ring. I disliked that film as well, which was also (I feel) unintentionally funny/badly made.

EXTREMELY EXPLOITATIVE OF CHILDREN: *Spoiler*
(The little boy in this film is half-naked for the drawn-out "scary" penultimate scene of the film, being threatened, hurt, posessed, drowned. There are also definete sexual themes in the relationship he has with his mother.)

This film is pure trash!! :evil:
Last edited by ShyViolet on March 28th, 2005, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 28th, 2005, 10:48 pm

There is one REALLY funny scene in the film, which you can read at your will:
When Rachel's about to get rid of Samara at the end, (by pushing her back into the well) Samara screams "Mommy!" Rachel: "I'm not your f**** mommy!"
:lol: Hahahahaha.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 29th, 2005, 1:48 am

Poor Samara just wants a mommy. Anyways, I think you've turned me off of seeing this movie.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 29th, 2005, 6:02 pm

Eh... I passed on the sequel and the original film (which I've got on DVD). Still somewhat interested in the original Ringu DVD which DreamWorks brought over to the US...

The only thing I've seen of The Ring so far has been the parody in Scary Movie 3...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 29th, 2005, 6:10 pm

I saw Ringu and didn't care for it much.
The only thing I've seen of The Ring so far has been the parody in Scary Movie 3...
Yeah, that was pretty funny.

It's weird because when I first saw SM 3, I hadn't seen the Others, so I didn't get what that whole thing with Michael Jackson hiding under the sheet was about: "Are you mad? I am your daughter!" :lol:

Father: "Where's my daugter?"
MJ: "I didn't touch her, I swear!"
Father: "I don't believe you!"
MJ: "(cowering) For G-d's sake....she's a girl!"
Last edited by ShyViolet on March 29th, 2005, 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 29th, 2005, 6:11 pm

post deleted