Forum Game: Parody Titles

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
Buzz Bumble

Forum Game: Parody Titles

Post by Buzz Bumble » May 18th, 2014, 1:13 am

Here's a Forum game for you ...
  • Take the title of a TV series or movie (you can also use any title, such as a book, comic book, computer game, breakfast cereal, etc. if you want to go outside animation)
  • Add, subtract, or change ONE letter to make a new, and often more interesting, title
  • you do not have to include a short blurb / synopsis, but it can add to the "fun" (if that's the right word ;))
Note: You can use the same original title as someone else, as long as it's for a different parody title.

Here's a couple to give you the idea (I've collected a list of about 330 of them so far) ...
  • Avatar: The Last Airblender (Avatar: The Last Airbender) - the "l" has been added to the last word
    An animated series about a small boy who is the last person on the planet who can mix different smells to create top-selling perfumes.
  • Casper the Fiendly Ghost (Casper the Friendly Ghost) - the "r" has been removed from "Friendly"
    The story of what happened after Casper drank Doctor Jeckyll's potion.
  • Yoga Bear (Yogi Bear) - the "i" is changed to an "a"
    An animated show about a bear and his lil' buddy who go around stealing exercise mats and leotards. "More flexible than the average bear, eh Boo-Boo."
:)
Last edited by Buzz Bumble on May 25th, 2014, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Forum Game: Parody Titles

Post by Ben » May 18th, 2014, 5:06 am

Rango & Cash.

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » May 20th, 2014, 12:19 am

Rango & Cash
A live-action / CGI animated movie about a police officer who partners with the chameleon sherrif to save a small desert town from the local bad guy.

OR

Mango & Cash
A live-action / CGI animated movie about a police officer who finds himself in the strange land of Vegetales.

;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 20th, 2014, 9:25 am

Mango is a pretty odd name for the police officer, though...

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » May 20th, 2014, 5:40 pm

Not in the land of Veggietales (I misspelt it above) - a land of animated talking fruit and vegetables:

Besides, the parody titles don't have to make sense, just be (possibly) funny. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 20th, 2014, 5:54 pm

Iron Van: An awful Cars spoof of Iron Man

Mater and Commander: The Far Side of the World: Another awful Cars spoof
Last edited by Dacey on May 20th, 2014, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » May 20th, 2014, 9:49 pm

The second and fourth ones don't work for the one letter rule (the reindeer's name is spelt Vixen). :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 20th, 2014, 10:42 pm

Huh. You're right. Oh well, getting rid of them. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » May 20th, 2014, 11:22 pm

The Jetsoons (The Jetsons)
An animated comedy about a family living in the very near future.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 21st, 2014, 7:10 am

I just didn't think Rango & Cash needed an explanation... :roll: (it *was* optional!)

An Unfair Advantage: someone who already has over 300 of these and can just drip feed them...! ;)

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » May 21st, 2014, 5:13 pm

Yep, the explanation is optional ... I just added one that I thought up.

I could simply post all 300 in one go and then you guys would have a more diffcult time coming up with any. ;) The Mango was actually a new one I didn't already have which jumped at me when I read your Rango one.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 22nd, 2014, 5:29 pm

Honestly, in the case of mine anyway, the "descriptions" kinda spelled out the jokes....meaning they made them less funny.

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » May 24th, 2014, 9:02 pm

Another new one not from my collection ...

Pestman Pat (Postman Pat)
An animated British TV series about a pest exterminator who travels around his small country village community in a blue van accompanied by his faifthful rodent pet ... "Pestman Pat, Pestman Pat, Pestman Pat and his black and white rat ..."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 25th, 2014, 5:04 am

I agree with Dace...the explanations kind of rob the titles of their "comedyness". Given a good letter swap, the titles should say everything you need to know...

- Peter Pain

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » May 25th, 2014, 5:08 pm

Blob the Builder (Bob the Builder)
An animated British TV series about a builder who is too fat to move because he let his talking machines do all the work.