Which upcoming Disney sequel are you most anticipating?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links

Which upcoming Disney sequel are you most anticipating?

Tarzan II
18%
Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
29%
Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest
29%
Kronk’s New Groove
24%

Total votes: 17

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » May 3rd, 2005, 4:22 pm

Mickey A wrote:I agree with you that it would be nice if the sequels received more original titles.
I agree, too. If you can't even think up an original title, what does that say about the amount of thought that went into an original story?

If the only title you can come up with is to add a number to the original title, you shouldn't be making a sequel. The least you can do is add a subtitle (e.g. Stitch has a Glitch).

And often, even subtitles could use some originality. Return to Neverland, LM2: Return to the Sea, etc.)

I'm not against sequels. I appreciate a director like Brad Bird who said he would consider doing Incredibles 2 if the story was good. Too many times a studio says "We're going to make a sequel to this movie" and then later has to figure out "OK, so what's it about?"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » May 3rd, 2005, 4:45 pm

I think the subtitles make it sound too corny and the titles without a number (or roman number) in it are confusing...
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » May 3rd, 2005, 4:58 pm

I'm not against sequels. I appreciate a director like Brad Bird who said he would consider doing Incredibles 2 if the story was good. Too many times a studio says "We're going to make a sequel to this movie" and then later has to figure out "OK, so what's it about?"
That's how great movies saga work out! I'm not a sequel hater as somebody here would like me to be, i'm against the politic of making sequel to a movie because the first one made money, (artistic) NONSENSE. But as long as some fan(atic)s are ready to praise them, they'll keep on doing them...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 3rd, 2005, 9:49 pm

Even though it wasn't one of Disney's "big hits" I wouldn't mind seeing an Oliver and Company sequal (done right of course). The characters were so fun and so rambunctions and the end was like....very open to "new adventures" in NYC.

Except that whole film is a little bit dated with the eighties trends, plus Joey Lawrence having grown up LONG ago...who would they get to do the voice? Well, maybe Cheech Marin would come back! :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 26th, 2005, 4:03 pm

Oh, that reminds me! At the end of the credits there is a new DisneyToon Studios logo presentation with Mickey coming out of a circle and drawing the DisneyToon Studios logo. It's fun
It's really sad we won't be seeing this anymore. :(

BTW did they get the name "DisneyToon" from the VERY short lived "MovieToon" label that released "DuckTails: Treasure of the Lost Lamp" back in 1990? :?:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 26th, 2005, 6:25 pm

I think we'll be seeing the Mickey DisneyToon logo, only not on films from DisneyToon. They'll continue to use it on the outsourced Asia stuff, 'cause, hey, we won't notice any difference, right?

The MovieToon label, which did debut with the DuckTales movie, was intended as being specifically for producing new movies for the old established characters. They only ever produced two movies: DuckTales and A Goofy Movie, though a Mickey one was in the works for a while (not Musketeers).

When the DTV unit basically became the only place where "toon" (read: hand-drawn) animation was being done at Disney, the unit took on the name. While many of the execs (Snedeker, Morrill) have crossed over from MovieToon to DisneyToon (essentially the theatrical unit of the TV animation crowd) unit, the two names are not actually linked in anything other than the Toon word.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » August 8th, 2005, 2:26 pm

Bambi and the great prince of the forest. I want to know what happens between bambis mother death and when spring comes.
I got "twitterpated" by Faline...
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 8th, 2005, 5:52 pm

Bambi wrote:Bambi and the great prince of the forest. I want to know what happens between bambis mother death and when spring comes.
Then this movie will answer that question for you! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » August 8th, 2005, 5:57 pm

thats why i said this is the sequel i cant wait to see it
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 8th, 2005, 5:59 pm

But weren't you just moaning about the Disney sequels in another thread? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » August 8th, 2005, 6:19 pm

Well almost all the sequels are not so good but well I havent seen this sequel and if it is so bad then i will moan about this one too.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 9th, 2005, 4:21 am

Seems fair! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » August 9th, 2005, 12:43 pm

could anyone tell me where can i find bambi 2 trailer, if there is any? :?:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » August 9th, 2005, 1:18 pm

Here's where the trailer was: http://www.disney.nl/videos/index.html.

However, it's no longer there. Nevertheless, you can still see the trailer on the Bambi Platinum Edition DVD.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » August 9th, 2005, 8:07 pm

Mickey A wrote: you can still see the trailer on the Bambi Platinum Edition DVD.
I have it but i bought it at blockbuster and they didnt gave me the 2nd dvd. So ill have to wait...Darn it! :cry: