Which upcoming Disney sequel are you most anticipating?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links

Which upcoming Disney sequel are you most anticipating?

Tarzan II
18%
Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
29%
Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest
29%
Kronk’s New Groove
24%

Total votes: 17

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 27th, 2005, 3:55 pm

I'm gonna guess bootleg.
hahaha my friend has TONS of bootleged movies. He'll even get cd cases and print out the movie's back and front covers for them.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 27th, 2005, 4:01 pm

Well, I know Jens has connections. It may not be a bootleg. Then again, I'm not going to pry.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » April 27th, 2005, 4:11 pm

It was actually a screener ;) But it's kind of an early one... 'Nuff said ;)

Anyway, I thought of some more to say about Tarzan II (non spoilerish):

- Sabor is in the movie with a small role
- Kerchak is in the movie, but also with a very small role
- The animation seems thin lined, but I think they zoomed in in some scenes, making the lines look thicker. Could be wrong though!
- Terk's voice is close to the original voice and she is WAY less annoying than in the original movie. She really got a good part this time :)
- Tantor's voice I'm not sure about as I don't really remember the Young Tantor's voice in the original movie. The voice sounded cute and Tantor is really funny in Tarzan II.
- They used Deep Canvas for some scenes (most noticed in the ending scene) like in the original movie.
- They use the song "Son of Man" in the beginning in the movie (to set the mood of the whole movie I guess :P)
- It's really a valuable movie that explains some things that were in the original movie like how Tarzan suddenly used vines to swing his way trough the jungle as an adult (again, emphasis in the ending scene by a remark of Tantor)
- Glenn Close really did a great job with her voice and brought a lot of emotion into her character once again. That's why I almost cried (yeah yeah, I'm a cry baby) in a heavy scene where Kala is sad.
- The voice of Tarzan doesn't sound annoying at all and sounds very natural (like all of the voices in the movie) and I don't think it sounds much different than the original voice in the original movie.
- Zugor is VERY funny :D
- The ending scene rules :P It gave me the shivers...

That's about it for now. Again, if you have a question... You know what to do with it!
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 27th, 2005, 6:01 pm

I... didn't think Turk's voice was annoying at all in the first Tarzan.
So they didn't get Rosie O'Donall for Turk's voice? That saddens me :(

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 27th, 2005, 6:56 pm

Must. See. Tarzan. II.

Even though I'm not letting my expectations get too high.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » April 27th, 2005, 7:16 pm

Well Jens loved MULAN2, i hated it... nuff said :-D
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » April 28th, 2005, 12:49 am

@ Wendy's Jane: Yeah you shouldn't get your expectations too high. It's a fun little entertaining movie, but not a masterpiece like Tarzan was. But I don't think any of the sequels try to be...

@KinOO: Well you know what I think about your "visions" towards Mulan II KinOO... You're way too hard on it.
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » April 28th, 2005, 6:15 am

:D i think you're way too soft on sequels :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » April 28th, 2005, 11:38 am

I am certainly not. Do you really think I like all sequels? I HATE (and truly HATE) Hunchback II and Tarzan & Jane. I haven't even seen all sequels by Disney yet and I will watch them if they come along. You should be critical on sequels, but just be a little less critical than with feature movies... But it's too late for you KinOO ;) You're narrowmindingly prejudging everything the DisneyToon Studios create (sequel-wise, that is).

Oh, that reminds me! At the end of the credits there is a new DisneyToon Studios logo presentation with Mickey coming out of a circle and drawing the DisneyToon Studios logo. It's fun :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 28th, 2005, 12:41 pm

I've never even bothered to watch Hunchback II, Tarzan and Jane, Pocahontas II, or Cinderella II. If somebody tells me Pocahontas II is alright I might rent it. Out of the ones I have seen I have noticed varying levels of quality.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » April 28th, 2005, 2:15 pm

Pocahontas II is good. (I have a friend that likes it better than the original.) Like all the early direct-to-video sequels, the animation isn't as good as the original, but it's better than the average sequel.

Hunchback II is bad. The story is so-so and the animation is cheap. Don't bother with this one.

Tarzan and Jane is really just three episodes of The Legend of Tarzan animated series strung together with a weak linking story. If you've seen the animated series, there's no need to bother with this.

Cinderella II is just three episodes of something linked together. I never head that they were considering a Cinderella animated series, but that's sure what it seems like.

(BTW, Atlantis II is another "movie" made up of three episodes cobbled together, this time from the defunct series Team Atlantis.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 28th, 2005, 5:14 pm

Jens wrote:It was actually a screener ;) But it's kind of an early one... 'Nuff said ;)
Bootleg.

I checked with a source of mine at Disney's European Operations in the UK and they said that their screeners weren't being sent out yet. Plus, writing for the DVD Toons site where we have screeners sent early to us, and having Tarzan II on our requested list, those haven't been sent out either.

So...what exactly is a "kind of an early screener"?

BTW, Christian - Pocahontas II is awful. Bad story, bad animation, kind of inbetween Little Mermaid II and Huncjback II (Mermaid being the better of those two). It's on a par with them.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » April 28th, 2005, 5:23 pm

Ben wrote:Bootleg.

I checked with a source of mine at Disney's European Operations in the UK and they said that their screeners weren't being sent out yet. Plus, writing for the DVD Toons site where we have screeners sent early to us, and having Tarzan II on our requested list, those haven't been sent out either.

So...what exactly is a "kind of an early screener"?
I have my sources... I don't need to say anymore ;) It's not a DVD, it's not a VHS, and it's not an automatic sending that Disney normally sends out to review sites (I won't even be making a review about it anytime soon). I am probably one of the selected persons they chose to screen this movie early. I don't even know more... I'm only glad I saw it already.

Btw, does anyone know Tiffany Evans? She sings the End Credits version of "Who am I" in Tarzan II. The name sounds familiar to me, but can't put a face on it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 28th, 2005, 5:37 pm

I don't get the "wink" - that says something's dodgy afoot.

Did you get invited to see this, or has it been given to you? If you own a copy and it's not on VHS or DVD, then that's either illegal download, or broadcast videocassette. Since I work in TV here, I know that those don't get handed out willy nilly either, and Disney don't do pre-release downloads.

I am still suspicious. ";)"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 28th, 2005, 5:54 pm

It could've been like the Mulan II thing I went to at the Disney Studios.