Bob Iger heading bid for NFL teams moving to LA

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Team
AV Team

Bob Iger heading bid for NFL teams moving to LA

Post by Dan » November 11th, 2015, 7:41 pm

It was reported and confirmed that Disney CEO Bob Iger will be heading the campaigns for both the Oakland Raiders and San Diego Chargers in their bids for the development of a stadium in Carson, California in an effort for both teams to make the move to Los Angeles. Should the NFL approve the construction of the stadium, it still has to decide if either one or both teams will be approved for the move. The St. Louis Rams are also in discussion to move to LA and it's been known that the maximum number of teams the NFL would allow to be positioned in LA is two.

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... d-chargers

Being a San Diego resident, we've been pretty miffed with Chargers front-office with their dealings and how despite the city willing to build a new stadium they still threaten to move the team. There was a poll where the citizens was asked which of the two they'd rather have stay in the city and Comic Con was the winner by a wide margin.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Bob Iger heading bid for NFL teams moving to LA

Post by Vernadyn » November 12th, 2015, 3:06 am

They can have the Raiders. Heck, they can have 49ers as well, what with the way their management's been behaving.

But I admit I'm not a football fan. As a Bay Area denizen, I'll take the recent successes of the Giants and the Warriors, teams that play sports that I enjoy watching more anyway.

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Bob Iger heading bid for NFL teams moving to LA

Post by Dan » January 13th, 2016, 11:18 am

Iger's involvement with an NFL team's move to LA is over as the NFL owners heavily approved the Rams project in setting up a stadium/multimedia center in Inglewood over the Carson project Iger was a part of.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp ... story.html

What this means is that the Rams for sure are moving to LA from St. Louis (they'll play at the LA Coliseum for 2-3 years until the Inglewood stadium is built and ready to go).

The Chargers get the first option to leave San Diego to join the Rams and have roughly a year to decide (there are so many question marks as to what's going to happen because of the politics involved).

The Raiders will essentially have to wait until the Chargers decided if they still want to move to LA.