Sky High trailer?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Sky High trailer?

Post by mr. squarepants » May 17th, 2005, 12:54 pm

Does anybody know when a trailer for Sky High will be released? Trailers for Disney movies all the way to next January have been released. Yet no sign of a Sky High trailer, with the exception of that glimpse of one shown on Entertainment Tonight.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 19th, 2005, 5:01 pm

True... the film is out June 29 and nothing yet, though the ET preview will mean it will turn up attached to prints soon (next week)?

My guess is some theaters showing Star Wars will run it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 30th, 2005, 10:34 pm

Here ya go! Looks cool to me. Once I saw Linda Carter, I was sold!! Great to see Kurt Russell back doing family films for Disney.

Yahoo Movies

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 30th, 2005, 10:53 pm

Sky High reminds me of such shows as The Munsters and Bewitched, in that it seems very cheesey but highly enjoyable as well. I am looking forward to it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 31st, 2005, 7:27 am

I love the look of this.

It's like X-Men-meets-The-Incredibles-meets-Harry-Potter, and seems to be just as much fun as those would be combined!

Great, cheesy jokes, but awesome SFX - this is going to be the cult sleeper hit of the summer.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » May 31st, 2005, 7:45 am

Ben wrote:It's like X-Men-meets-The-Incredibles-meets-Harry-Potter, and seems to be just as much fun as those would be combined!
with a little "Fantastic Four" thrown in!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 31st, 2005, 8:18 am

Was gonna mention Fantastic Four, but then X-Men kind of covers all of that superhero team stuff. Plus the powers shown in the film seem to draw from many more comic books than FF - Spider-Man for one - so I didn't think I would actually name any other heroes in there (The Incredibles seemed to answer for FF anyway)! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » May 31st, 2005, 12:52 pm

Ben wrote:Was gonna mention Fantastic Four, but then X-Men kind of covers all of that superhero team stuff. Plus the powers shown in the film seem to draw from many more comic books than FF - Spider-Man for one - so I didn't think I would actually name any other heroes in there (The Incredibles seemed to answer for FF anyway)! :)
I get it :) Anyway, before the trailer was released and when there was only the poster I thought it looked incredibly cheesy. However, now that the trailer is out I've gone completely 180. It looks fun.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 31st, 2005, 1:53 pm

Yeah, totally.

The posters looked very camp, but the trailer reveals that was always the intention.

I really do think this is going to surprise later this summer. When does the UK get it?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 31st, 2005, 2:38 pm

According to the Internet Movie Database, October 21, 2005.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405325/releaseinfo

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 31st, 2005, 3:06 pm

Hmmm, makes sense. We always get a family Disney movie around that time to cash in on the school break.

Shame we have to wait that long - it'll be on DVD by Christmas so might just be worth waiting and getting it then!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 31st, 2005, 10:47 pm

Speaking of fun-looking family superhero films, has anyone seen this trailer for The Adventures of SharkBoy and LavaGirl? It's predictably SpyKids-y, being from Robert Rodriguez, but that's a good thing in my book. I saw this trailer with Madagascar on the weekend, and thought it looked fairly cool.

QuickTime trailer

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 1st, 2005, 7:35 am

It does, but I likely won't see it if it's only in old red/blue 3D.

The last Spy Kids was a mess that way!