Disney finally confirms that all Pixar films share the same universe

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney finally confirms that all Pixar films share the same universe

Post by ShyViolet » January 20th, 2017, 7:57 pm

I guess all those fan theories were true after all! :)

http://www.businessinsider.com/disney-h ... ted-2017-1
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney finally confirms that all Pixar films share the same universe

Post by Bill1978 » January 20th, 2017, 10:00 pm

All that video shows is that Pixar likes to put Easter Eggs into their films for eagle eyed fans. And like to tease upcoming characters that you don't realise the significance of them until their movie is announced/released. A no point does it say all those movies are happening in the same world.

Sorry if I sound cranky I know you've just shared something fun Vi, but it's one of those things that annoys me. Just because Marvel have successfully done it, people seem to want to look at everything as a shared universe. Including movies that were released before the MCU was created.

It's like people have forgotten the concept of cameos in movies.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 21st, 2017, 12:13 pm

So why are there no superhumans in Toy Story? And where are all the driverless Cars?

For fun, sure..,but this doesn't, and shouldn't, hold up. They're fun cameos, pure, plain and simple. Disney's just showing up where all these eggs are...but don't take it seriously, or else the whole of Pixar will crumble.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 21st, 2017, 2:38 pm

Ben wrote:So why are there no superhumans in Toy Story? And where are all the driverless Cars?

For fun, sure..,but this doesn't, and shouldn't, hold up. They're fun cameos, pure, plain and simple. Disney's just showing up where all these eggs are...but don't take it seriously, or else the whole of Pixar will crumble.
Exactly: Disney just wanted a piece of their own "Pixar Easter Eggs" video, and other sites just tried to use it to resurrect the old "Pixar Universe" fan gag.

Besides, "Good Dinosaur" permanently screwed up the mix, since we now have to explain whether Arlo, Spot, and the missed comet belong in an alternate universe. (Yeah, we know, fans never like to admit that one exists, but...)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Tumblenerd » January 22nd, 2017, 9:58 am

Well, I can only echo what's said here. It's as if Disney is trying to build a universe out of winks and nods. But of course people love that kind of thing: the idea that the world of Pixar is one warm bath.