AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 25th, 2007, 9:02 pm

Oops, double post. :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » February 27th, 2007, 4:18 pm

Open season.....I will never watch that movie again
I absolutely hated it, Such an empty movie.
( It's all a matter of taste, I know :) )

Flushed away on the other hand was okay overall. I expected more though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » February 27th, 2007, 4:52 pm

Daniel wrote: Flushed Away was better than I expected. I loved the story, the characters, and the overall fun of it. Like Meg, I enjoyed this a lot more than Monster House. Oh, and I loved the slugs! They were so cute, and they always got a chuckle out of me! :lol:
IMHO Flushed Away is that kind of movie where supporting characters totally overshadow those supposed to be leading ones. Gandalf-Frog, French Kung-Fu Frogs, Slugs, Crazy rats' family, pair of looser villians :) They all are much more interesting than Hugh Jackman's and Kate Winslet's characters.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 1st, 2007, 8:20 pm

I completly agree, Kaszubas. That's why I enjoyed the film so much. :)

"Why do they call you shocky? Shocky!" :lol:

And of course, Gandolf-frog! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Etera » March 19th, 2007, 6:47 pm

I have a questions and am not sure where to look. I recently saw the website for the new Blades of Glory movie and I love it. I would like to find the company that designed and hosted the site and an estimated cost to get something of that quality. Can anyone help me find this information? I don't know where else to look.

www.bladesofglorymovie.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

DreamWorks in Talks to Move to Disney

Post by Neal » February 6th, 2009, 5:42 pm

Courtesy of the ArtsBeat portion of The New York Times

Although this excludes the animation division of DreamWorks being as they are still with Paramount, could Spielberg buddying up with Disney finally allow for a new Roger Rabbit?
LOS ANGELES – Steven Spielberg may be moving to the Walt Disney Company.

DreamWorks SKG, Mr. Spielberg’s boutique production company, is in advanced talks on a deal to distribute its movies through Disney, according to four people with knowledge of the talks but who asked for anonymity because negotiations are not complete. A deal with Disney, which could come as soon as Friday, would replace one Mr. Spielberg arranged with Universal Pictures just four months ago after an acrimonious divorce from Paramount Pictures.

Spokeswomen from Walt Disney and Universal declined to comment. Stacey Snider, the chief executive of DreamWorks, declined to comment.

Disney had been a suitor for DreamWorks back in October, and Stacey Snider, the chief executive of DreamWorks, and David Geffen, the co-founder of the studio, were keen to align with the company. But Mr. Spielberg ultimately overruled them, concluding that Universal – where he made his first blockbuster and where he still maintained offices – was the right fit.

Since then, however, the landscape in Hollywood has changed. DreamWorks, running into the buzz saw of the economic slowdown, has been unable to find the motion picture production funds to match the $500 million in funding that Reliance Big Entertainment committed to re-build the studio. Mr. Spielberg has even injected personal funds to buy time.

Disney’s motion picture studio, meantime, has been struggling. In the most recent quarter, Disney reported a 64 percent drop in income at the division, largely due to a decline in DVD sales around the world. The studio’s Touchstone label has been a disaster of late, with the films “Miracle at St. Anna” and “Swing Vote” ignored in the marketplace. Miramax, another Disney division, has had modest box office success with “Doubt,” but has had a diminished profile overall in recent years.

Disney also has room on its schedule to accommodate the four to six films DreamWorks plans to produce. In 2006, Disney limited the number of movies it makes to about 12 from as many as 20 in previous years, choosing to focus more intently on family films made on the Walt Disney Pictures brand.

Update | 1:53 p.m. Universal Pictures issued a statement Friday acknowledging that DreamWorks was shopping elsewhere. “Universal Pictures has ended discussions with DreamWorks for a distribution agreement,” it said. “Over the past several weeks, DreamWorks has demanded material changes to previously agreed upon terms. It is clear that DreamWorks’ needs and Universal’s business interests are no longer in alignment. We wish them luck in their pursuit of funding and distribution of their future endeavors.”
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: DreamWorks in Talks to Move to Disney

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 6th, 2009, 5:53 pm

That's a bad idea :?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » February 6th, 2009, 5:59 pm

Care to elaborate?
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 6th, 2009, 6:12 pm

Also courtesy of Animated News a few hours ago!

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 6th, 2009, 6:14 pm

Well,Disney and them had comeptition and beside,I whouldn't want Disney to make movies like Madagascar (The second one is good but.. actually,I whouldn't want Disney to make neither of them,it doesn't matter if they"re good or not) or Flushed Away.
I really hope that they won't move to the Disney.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » February 6th, 2009, 6:19 pm

I hate myself. I was so used to the previous top story, I just scrolled down to today's news. I'm getting worse the longer I'm at this site.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 6th, 2009, 6:25 pm

Don't put yourself down like that! :)

This is intriguing news, to say the least.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 6th, 2009, 6:27 pm

I wonder how this deal will affect Miramax. I didn't realize Disney had been wanting to sell the division, especially after its success last year with Scott Rudin's involvement.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 6th, 2009, 7:16 pm

I almost added an image to the new top story thinking people might skim past it thinking it was the old one!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 6th, 2009, 7:17 pm

Disney would just be distributing the films, and it probably would not include the animated ones.