What's the worst Disney movie?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

What's the worst Disney movie?

Post by Wonderlicious » August 8th, 2005, 11:46 am

In your opinion, what is/are the worst Disney movie(s). Practically everyone can give their favourite, but can we all be anti-Disney Disney fans? :wink:

For me...

Animated Classic: I'll have to go with Treasure Planet. I rented it last December and was completely disappointed by it. I wasn't expecting an all out classic like Beauty and the Beast, just a nice, mid-range movie probably ranking with something like The Rescuers. Yet I was bored by Jim's story.

Live action: I haven't seen all of these films, but from what I remember, Snow Dogs would get my vote as it was rather patronising. If we're talking about classic live actions, probably Pete's Dragon.

DTV: Easily Belle's Magical World. That movie was just annoying and had poopy animation.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » August 8th, 2005, 12:40 pm

I knew someone sould say Treasure Planet :(
I loved that movie. SO MUCH.

It's hard for me to pick one, becasue I like even the movies that did a lot of people didn't like (treasure planet, dinosaur, etc)

sooo I SUPPOSE piglet's big movie.
Sorry piglet. Tigger owns you six ways to sunday.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » August 8th, 2005, 4:19 pm

This one's an easy one for me. I know it has its own loyal fans, but for me, Home on the Range is just absolutely awful. Songs --- forgettable. Animation --- run of the mill. Voice characterizations --- not bad for the most part, but Roseanne KILLED IT for me in this department. Her voice just annoyed the heck out of me. And ultimately, the story was remarkably lame. I just didn't care for one moment what happened to anyone in this movie. I was bored to tears. :cry:
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 8th, 2005, 4:24 pm

Animated Classic: Mulan (this film had some good parts but terrible supporting characters and a badly developed premise.) Just MHO.

Live-Action The Mighty Ducks

Also A Cinderella Story (yeah, I know officially it isn't Disney, but it has Hillary Duff as Cinderella, how much more Disney can you get? It is soooooo annoying!)

"I have to go, I'm late."
"For what?"
"Reality."

:roll: :roll: :roll:

DTV I haven't seen a whole lot of these but I'll go with Belle's Magical World....(Plus even though I know some people liked it Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas)

I'll add another category, if that's O.K.: Worst TV show: Without a shadow of a doubt, House of Mouse. Even worse than Quack Pack! :shock:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » August 8th, 2005, 5:49 pm

I hate Disney Channel here on Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!
its is not the way it was supposed to be and it has these stupid soap opera
Floricienta. Whats happening to disney!!!????????
well and the worst movie ive ever seen its Home in the range (Vacas vaqueras in the country i am living)
and i hate al hilary duffs movies.

i think thats all. Nuff said
I got "twitterpated" by Faline...
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 8th, 2005, 5:50 pm

Macaluso wrote:I knew someone sould say Treasure Planet :(
I loved that movie. SO MUCH.
You're not alone, Mac :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 8th, 2005, 5:53 pm

Vacas vaqueras in the country i am living)
Vacas meanas cows right? (I took Spanish for five years)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » August 8th, 2005, 6:01 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
Bambi wrote:Vacas vaqueras in the country i am living)
Vacas means cows right? (I took Spanish for five years)
yes youre right
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 8th, 2005, 6:46 pm

Yeah, Home on the Range was pretty bad. And I'll say Lilo and Stitch, too, but not because it's really that bad, I just think it's overrated. I am SO - SICK - OF - STITCH. :x

And anything Hilary Duff is involved in is automatically a stinker.

Rar. :twisted:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » August 8th, 2005, 7:18 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I'll add another category, if that's O.K.: Worst TV show: Without a shadow of a doubt, House of Mouse. Even worse than Quack Pack! :shock:
No! House of Mouse was fun! I didn't get the chance to see a lot of it, but from what I saw, it rocked!

As for my choice of Worst Disney TV show, I'd have to go with The Proud Family. Even though it's whole aim seems to not be this, it just appears stereotypical.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 8th, 2005, 7:30 pm

. I am SO - SICK - OF - STITCH.
It's hard to develop a character who doesn't really talk in the first place.

No! House of Mouse was fun! I didn't get the chance to see a lot of it, but from what I saw, it rocked!
Hmmmm.....well, maybe I was just spoiled by the fact that I watched so many of the original classic Disney shorts when I was very young. That was my first exposure to Disney. Maybe House of Mouse wouldn't annoy me so much if it didn't blatantly steal MANY of the storylines from the original shorts. (with really bad animation to boot) But I guess if I hadn't watched the originals, I might like HOM better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » August 9th, 2005, 12:53 pm

Meg wrote:Yeah, Home on the Range was pretty bad. And I'll say Lilo and Stitch, too, but not because it's really that bad, I just think it's overrated. I am SO - SICK - OF - STITCH. :x

And anything Hilary Duff is involved in is automatically a stinker.

Rar. :twisted:
i think exactly the same thing.
but wonderlicious is right, Shy violet, house of mouse is fun. I like to see all characters from disney watching that show.

Well but everyone have their opinions. :D
I dont like hilary duffs movies and disney channel but a lot of people like them. [EXPLETIVE DELETED] :evil: lol

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED FOR CONTENT. NO PROFANITY ON THESE BOARDS PLEASE, OR YOU WILL BE BANNED. THANKS.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JessWicked » August 9th, 2005, 3:34 pm

TV Show Automatically Proud Family - I cannot stand it at all anymore! I agree with Wonderlicious, it is SO stereotypical, when that really should be the last thing it aims for. I don't think I know anyone who likes that show, I used to watch it, but now it's become way too silly for my tastes - and I usually love silly.

Animated This one is hard for me, because for every Disney movie, I rarely feel like I could completely hate it. Disney just has that weird effect on me. I think, if I had to choose - it would be Atlantis. I never really felt attached to it, I think it was just too centered around boys for me to care about, and it had so much potential to discover more about Atlantis - but it never went past a few minutes of learning more about it. Which I felt defeated the purpose of the movie.

Live Action I haven't see a lot of them - but I probably will be safe with saying The Lizzie McGuire Movie. I also had a few issues with National Treasure - while I really liked it, it has a number of irretating acting holes (like the female actress - I forget who she was, but her accent came and went so often - and some of her lines were WAY out of character).

DTV Most of them ... hah. I rewatched Return of Jafar recently .. it is not at all the same without Robin Williams. The whole premise of the film felt lame to me - because the ending of the first film specifically made sure that Jafar would be stuck in the Cave of Wonders for thousands of years -- but, oh! We can easily get out of that plot hole by having the bird dig them out of hundreds of feet of sand almost instantly after the first film took place. Yes that's logical since no one ELSE was able to escape the cave before. =\

Whoa - so much negativity for one post! I'm not usually so negative, lol. X)
Indubitably Sincerely,
<3 Jessie

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » August 9th, 2005, 4:52 pm

Theatrical: Dumbo...something about it I just don't like
DTV: Hunchback 2...probably the worst animation ever

-Michael
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » August 9th, 2005, 8:12 pm

Moderator wrote:[EXPLETIVE DELETED]

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED FOR CONTENT. NO PROFANITY ON THESE BOARDS PLEASE, OR YOU WILL BE BANNED. THANKS.
Sorry, i didnt knew the rules.
It wont happen again. :cry: