Are Pixar films Disney films?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » November 23rd, 2004, 11:03 pm

I agree...they did have success before and i was pleasantly surprised when i finally watched Spirit. It seemed like another film that got forgotten at the box office but it was really wonderful in a lot of ways. King of Dreams was great too, although i think POE was better.

For some reason i really want to see Madagascar...a friend of mine thinks the character design looks like a step backwards, but i actually like it. It's simple and yet effective. Oh well...i no longer trust trailers ever since '97.** Man...The Lost World LOOKED so cool!

**With the exception of the upcoming "Son of the Mask"...there can't be anything good in that movie. There just can't. http://www.sonofthemask.com/
"When cartoonists draw, they should strive to create enduring images. These images are extremely important, and we have to keep growing and getting better." -Charles Schulz

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 23rd, 2004, 11:21 pm

How is it a step BACKWARDS?

I don't see it as a step forward OR backwards as more a step to the side. The art style is so unique compared to their other CGI movies, that I think it looks very appealing. It looks much more cartoon like. I love how like, the lion's fingers are squarish and stuff.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 24th, 2004, 6:46 am

And the buildings are wonked.

Looks like really cool 1960s animation done in CG.

If anything it's a step forwards in that it's one more barrier that CG has crossed in being able to mimic the 2D look even better than before.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » November 24th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Oh i totally agree...i didnt say that I thought it was backwards.

Personally, i like it when CG films don't try to be real. I mean...who wants real?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! (see ya when i get back this weekend)
"When cartoonists draw, they should strive to create enduring images. These images are extremely important, and we have to keep growing and getting better." -Charles Schulz