General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 27th, 2005, 2:38 pm

Scarecrow was scarier without his mask.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 27th, 2005, 2:52 pm

Scarecrow was so cool. I hope they do Joker or Two-Face next! :)

How about Mark Hamill as the Joker, or maybe Christian Slater?? (looks a lot like a younger Jack.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 20th, 2005, 7:34 pm

I saw part of B & R again today. (HBO) I don't know why the executives who read the script didn't just put it down after reading: "And then Poisen Ivy comes out in a giant gorilla outfit...."

:roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 3rd, 2006, 4:19 pm

This isn't really all that important but I read that on the commentary for Batman and Robin Joel Schumacker actually apologizes for the movie, saying that he "takes full responsiblity." At the same time, however, he kind of says that it wasn't the movie he REALLY wanted to do, he wanted it to be darker, etc..etc., the studio "made" him do it that way. I find that a little weird, don't you? :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 3rd, 2006, 8:42 pm

I don't know... I'm sure part of Batman & Robin's campy antics came courtesy of Schumacher. However, I think that Warner Bros., wanting lighter Batman films after Batman Returns, had a part in B&R's superficial shenanigans as well.

Maybe Schumacher is taking "full responsibility" for Batman & Robin's misguided direction because he went along with whatever mistaken instructions the studio gave to him.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 5th, 2006, 2:54 pm

Maybe Schumacher is taking "full responsibility" for Batman & Robin's misguided direction because he went along with whatever mistaken instructions the studio gave to him.
IMO it's mostly his fault. Whether or not they gave him "suggestions", he went ahead and made the film. And it's not like he was such a master filmmaker to begin with, and it was a "fluke". This isn't like Spielberg making Lost World.

Great, great idea.

The man is obviously well suited for that (but make it a musical!)
Why not go the Peter Jackson route and base it on a Harryhausen project--

How does "Clash of the Teen Titans" sound? :wink:

They can used CGI, maybe motion capture. A masterpiece in the making.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 5th, 2006, 8:59 pm

ShyViolet wrote:IMO it's mostly his fault. Whether or not they gave him "suggestions", he went ahead and made the film. And it's not like he was such a master filmmaker to begin with, and it was a "fluke". This isn't like Spielberg making Lost World.
I never meant that Schumacher is a master filmmaker. I was just trying to reflect on why the director would say that Batman & Robin isn't the film he wanted to make, before taking full responsibility for it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 6th, 2006, 8:26 am

B&R was originally much darker.

Schumacher, after the success of Forever, had pretty much whater reign he wanted on B&R, so it really is his fault. He picked the casting, chose the direction it went in (ex: lighter than the original script), etc...

On every film the Studio asks for changes and suggests things, but not to the extent that the film does not reflect the director's choices, especially with Shumacher at that point in his career, who had hadd three/four big films in a row.

As far as I know, he had final cut on B&R, whatever the WB suits suggested.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 6th, 2006, 11:25 am

I didn't realize that. Could you please give an example or two of how much darker Batman & Robin originally was? You've made me curious. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 6th, 2006, 2:48 pm

I never meant that Schumacher is a master filmmaker. I was just trying to reflect on why the director would say that Batman & Robin isn't the film he wanted to make, before taking full responsibility for it.
Right, I realize that's what you meant. :wink:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 6th, 2006, 3:24 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Right, I realize that's what you meant. :wink:
Okay, just making sure. :)