Most over-the-top Batman villain?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Most over-the-top Batman villain?

Post by ShyViolet » September 19th, 2005, 5:50 pm

....In the new movies. The original series with Adam West had a different kind of camp.

I vote for Poisen Ivy. Man was Uma Thurman annoying! :x Then to have to endure that movie with the whiny Chris O'Donnel and a shrew-like Batgirl who pouts every five seconds...Arnie looks like Laurence Olivier by comparison.

Plus Arnie does this hilarious thing by imitating ANOTHER scenery-chewing actor: Ricardo Mantalban in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn.
"Very niiiiiiiice."

Batman and Robin has re-written the meaning of "bad movie"
It's more like a kitchy artifact than an actual piece of work.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 20th, 2005, 7:50 am

Alicia as Bats reminded me of a Cabbage Patch Kid. The way the camera was always looking down on her and sorta briging out that bottom lip - strange.

B&R is a bad movie with soem bad villains, but my best would have to go on Schumacher.

Predictably, as you will guess what I'm about to say, he's the one who finally killed Bats! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 20th, 2005, 12:02 pm

Predictably, as you will guess what I'm about to say, he's the one who finally killed Bats!
So true. :roll:

I once watched a making-of-B and R back in 1997 and Schumacker's direction to Chris O'Donnell was literally: "Your parents are dead...go!"

George Cloony actually blamed himself for the failure in an interview, saying: "I know I"m the one who killed that franchise. Amazingly, Michael Gough actually maintains his dignity as Alfred in Schumacker's movies.

I think B & R would be great for a "bad movies" party or an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000! :wink:
Last edited by ShyViolet on September 21st, 2005, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 20th, 2005, 7:49 pm

ShyViolet wrote:"Your parents are dead...go!"
Great, great direction.

It's why the man is a misunderstood genius. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » September 20th, 2005, 7:57 pm

...poisen ivy was effing hot.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 21st, 2005, 2:31 pm

She was really pretty there, shame she was wasted on such awful cinemotography. But her deliveries are cringe inducing, even worse than the dialougue: "Don't fool with Mother Nature!"

Her character was basically a copy of Catwoman's from the 2nd film, minus the pathos, hardness and somewhat believable dialougue.

The part where she's at the jail cell at the end and going: "He loves me, he loves me not..." was kind of neat. But then Mr. Freeze shows up and says that he transferred to her cell so they're roommates from now on. (!) In Arkham Asylum?????? "I'm here to make your life a living hell!"

Also remember the part where Freeze (in a bathrobe and slippers) makes his minions sing "I'm Mr. White Christmas, I'm Mr. Snow" along with Rankin-Bass cartoons?

Yeah, I know. The *horror*. That's why this movie is so, so, so, bad. :roll:
Last edited by ShyViolet on October 14th, 2005, 2:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 21st, 2005, 2:38 pm

Great, great direction.

It's why the man is a misunderstood genius.

LOL. :lol:

Like Phone Booth. That movie made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

And what was with that ending????

Plus in another 1997 interview (prior to the release of the film) I remember Schumacker saying: "We've had enough of this dark, depressing, my-parents-are-dead-woe-is-me Batman."

Spoken like a true auture.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 22nd, 2005, 6:38 am

Great, great quote.

The man obviously has his finger on the pulse. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 22nd, 2005, 11:27 pm

I've got the perfect project for Schumacker: "Teen Titans: The Movie!"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 23rd, 2005, 3:48 pm

Great, great idea.

The man is obviously well suited for that (but make it a musical!) :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 23rd, 2005, 4:04 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I've got the perfect project for Schumacker: "Teen Titans: The Movie!"
Holy carp! Don't even say that!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 23rd, 2005, 6:32 pm

Hey, where was Schumacker when "Shark Boy and Lava Girl" was being made? :wink: :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 26th, 2005, 4:31 pm

They should make a movie about JS the way Tim Burton did Ed Wood!

That would be really funny. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 26th, 2005, 6:42 pm

I love your sig, VI! And...who's your avatar?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 26th, 2005, 8:18 pm

Thanks Meg! My avatar is Cillian, pronounced Kill-ian, Murphy who played the scarecrow in Batman Begins. (He was also in 28 Days Later and Girl With a Pearl Earring. He's Irish originally.)

The Scarecrow was awesome, much better than in B:TAS. At least I think so.

BTW I saw BB and really enjoyed it. (except for Katie Holms' performance.) Can't wait for the sequel. Plus as impossable as it may sound Michael Caine actually managed to top Gough's performance as Alfred, he was just incredible. :)