10%
Ant Bully. Flushed Away.
No votes

Total votes: 10

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 9th, 2005, 8:59 am

I agree...

Hoppity/Mr Bug Goes To Town is hedeously overlooked feature. I was very surprised that whoever owns it nowadays didn't try and get a DVD out around the Antz/Bug's Life showdown.

"The Original Bug's Life", perhaps? There was that great Gulliver's Travels issue out a while back, and I was hoping for Hoppity to show, but I guess I will make do with my great Republic LD pressing for now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by David » November 9th, 2005, 2:44 pm

I don't know if it's any interest to you, but Hoppity was released to DVD in Australia, as I imported a copy years ago.

http://atlanticdvd.com.au/index_stuffer ... 83~content

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

hoodwinked

Post by bullwinkle » November 9th, 2005, 3:38 pm

did you guys like the hoodwinked movie. i thought i looked really funny. i cant wait to watch it. what do you guys think.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: hoodwinked

Post by Meg » November 9th, 2005, 4:20 pm

bullwinkle wrote:did you guys like the hoodwinked movie. i thought i looked really funny. i cant wait to watch it. what do you guys think.
Animation was AWFUL. Still, it looks like a humorous, if Shrek-like, idea.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 9th, 2005, 5:52 pm

Vhat are you talking about? Dahling! *whacks with newspaper* Pull yourself together! Ze Incredibles vas vun of ze finest movies of two tousand and four. Ze comedy! Ze passion! Ze heroics! My my dahling, no, you just can't beat ze quality animation of ze Pixar team and zat Brad Bird is a GOD dahling - an animated genius! "Not Funny" - Fehk! Vhat's not to laugh at? Fat superheroes? Vemen vith attitude? Babies going psycho on bad guys? It's comedy gold dahling. Zese uzzer movies are vell and good dahling but - it's not the same, just not the same at all. Tey are like canzy floss - sveet on ze outside but all full of hot air in ze center. Ze Incredibles has substance! It has some ting for all ages dahling. Su just can't top quality movies like zat dahling - and impecable fashion sense, no? Vhy it's no vonder zis movie von all zorts of avords including ze Best Picture Oscar and sveeping Ze Anies. So - not good? Shh dahling shh. Su vords are useless - gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble - too much of it dahling too much! So - su know the truth. Go! Vatch! Believe!!! Oh - and write me vhen you get back dahling I enjoy our visits.

AND NO CAPES!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh gosh really cute Edna impersonation!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 9th, 2005, 5:56 pm

yeah it looks funny like the shrek movies. i dont care really about the animation. but it has to be funny. i like good funny movies. not like pixar with good animation. and boring story and lame jokes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 9th, 2005, 7:04 pm

bullwinkle wrote:yeah it looks funny like the shrek movies. i dont care really about the animation. but it has to be funny. i like good funny movies. not like pixar with good animation. and boring story and lame jokes.
Can you please stop bashing Pixar so much? I'm sorry, but it's getting very annoying!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 9th, 2005, 7:26 pm

i am so so sorry :( :( :( :( :(
Last edited by bullwinkle on November 9th, 2005, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 9th, 2005, 7:26 pm

:wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » November 10th, 2005, 7:38 pm

Why did you doble post????
I think one which must be in your watch list is
BAMBI II it looks great in animation and i think it will be a great second movie of the firstone even the original is better this one is great too.
I got "twitterpated" by Faline...
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 11th, 2005, 10:13 am

David wrote:I don't know if it's any interest to you, but Hoppity was released to DVD in Australia
Thanks for the link, but I'm more than happy with my LD, which was taken from the original neg and looks pretty cool for a pre-digital restoration.

Also, even with the PAL speedup, the Australian DVD runs 64 minutes while my LD is the full 75 minute edition.

I'm guessing that the DVD uses the 1950s NTA sydicated television version of the film (where it was retitled "Hoppity" instead of the original "Mr Bug", which cut a sequence (don't know which as I've never seen this edition).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Josh B » November 11th, 2005, 12:20 pm

I'm interested in all of those movies. But if I had to choose I'd say Ice Age 2/OTH.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by David » November 11th, 2005, 1:36 pm

Ben wrote:Also, even with the PAL speedup, the Australian DVD runs 64 minutes while my LD is the full 75 minute edition.

I'm guessing that the DVD uses the 1950s NTA sydicated television version of the film (where it was retitled "Hoppity" instead of the original "Mr Bug", which cut a sequence (don't know which as I've never seen this edition).
Actually the DVD runs at 78 minutes 54 seconds although it is Hoppity as opposed to Mr Bug Goes to Town.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 13th, 2005, 9:34 am

Strange...I was going on the running time stated on that site. Interesting on the length and that it's Hoppity though...sounds like the full version, but that it's an NTSC transfer to PAL rather than a frame-based transfer...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » November 13th, 2005, 12:54 pm

[quote="Meg"][quote="bullwinkle"]yeah it looks funny like the shrek movies. i dont care really about the animation. but it has to be funny. i like good funny movies. not like pixar with good animation. and boring story and lame jokes.[/quote]

Can you [i]please[/i] stop bashing Pixar so much? I'm sorry, but it's getting very annoying![/quote]

Bullwinkle, just because you don't like Pixar and their stories in their films, doesn't mean you have to force it down to our throats you know. You like funny movies, with pop culture reference with mediocre animation, fine, whatever. Stop being sarcastic about the other members in this forum who like Pixar movies. You're not truly sorry to Meg or the others.

You don't see ShyViolet forcing her opinion down our throats. (sorry Violet--you're pretty vocal about Jeff K). You think Pixar jokes are lame? Fine, but that's the matter of YOUR taste. You don't even have a proper reason why they're lame (the why's it's lame for you). Do YOU have proper reasons why their movies are lame?

And as a closing note, just to be still on topic of this thread, the other movies I want to see is The Producers and Casanova. (sue me, I'm a female after all)