Ebaumsworld.com

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Ebaumsworld.com

Post by Macaluso » November 7th, 2005, 9:46 pm

So over at SomethingAwful, there's a, rightly so, deep hate for Ebaum's World. Seeing as how EW takes pictures/movies/photoshops/etc and puts the EW watermark on it and claim it as their own. Alot of SA stuff gets taken. And apparently, Ebaum posted malicious code on the front page of Ebaum's world, which caused anyone visiting his site to call files from SA, wasting bandwidth. So this flash was made by a few Goons. It's fantastic. Right down to the song and music.

http://ebaumsworldsucks.com/
Thread of origin:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... genumber=1

I am very happy to be a goon ^_^ Seriously watch this. It's awesome.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 8th, 2005, 7:45 am

Just a little warning for OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE!!

Be warned.

Seriously, Mac, does that site suck bandwidth? And what IS Ebaum's World and how do they get away with it?

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » November 8th, 2005, 10:28 am

Yeah,

Don't you just LOVE those websites that trap your computer, put up intrusive ad pages, and just generally make it next-to-impossible to get off those sites? :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 8th, 2005, 11:58 am

Ben wrote:Just a little warning for OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE!!

Be warned.

Seriously, Mac, does that site suck bandwidth? And what IS Ebaum's World and how do they get away with it?
Ebaums world is a place that has TONS of pictures and flash movies and all sorts of stuff from around the internet. Eric Bauman just puts HIS watermark on it, and basically makes tons of money off other people's work. And after something happened, Ebaumsworld put up malicious code that would suck up SA's bandwidth. And I'm not sure how they get away with it. Good lawyers apparently.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » November 29th, 2005, 4:05 pm

Well that's not good taking other people's stuff and saying that's yours. Isn't that plagiary? That guy can get sued big time if anyone was aware of it. I love going to that site though the movies are hilarious, shocking and sometimes sick and offensive. I also like some of their games, a lot of them suck.
Last edited by Zoltack on November 29th, 2005, 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » November 29th, 2005, 5:51 pm

Zoltack wrote:Well that's not good taking other people's stuff and saying that's yours. Isn't that perjury?
Plagerism - Taking the work of another and presenting it as your own without express permission.

Perjury - Lying under oath.

*And that concludes another segment of Brandon's Social Science knowledge of the day*
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » November 29th, 2005, 6:04 pm

I'm sorry. I do have spell checker but when I was trying to spell the word correctly it came up with all of these crazy words. So I was going "that can't be right."
Thank you.
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/y64/Zoltack/Bambi/?start=0]Bambi Pics and Avatars[/url]