Is it just me, or are a lOT of voice actresses good-looking?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 14th, 2005, 10:48 am

I wouldn't count Avril - she's a marketing gimmick voice being used to sell more records (bet she does the "title track", hoho).

I think George was really alluding to voice actresses who do this as a day job, not Hollywood glamour types and singers who come in for a few days and reel off their lines so that the movie can have several big names in the cast...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by SingingDuckGirl » November 15th, 2005, 1:15 am

"now if only the same can be said to male voice actors..."
I like Tom Kenny's nerdy look :D I am a tad over that phase though.

Oh, and the PPG voice actors, when I was in THAT phase I do remember being jealous of them. C.G. Daily is cute too...wow, I miss that show. The voices were perfect.
Dad-Gum!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 15th, 2005, 1:50 am

Ben wrote:I wouldn't count Avril - she's a marketing gimmick voice being used to sell more records (bet she does the "title track", hoho).
I wouldn't count Avirl because she's not attractive at all.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » November 15th, 2005, 8:24 am

I don't know that I've seen many of the professional voice actresses that have been discussed, although I know their names and voices.

Could someone please post some pictures or a link?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 15th, 2005, 9:44 am

Try the IMDB...?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Quick question

Post by ShyViolet » November 15th, 2005, 4:22 pm

Is Jodie Benson (Ariel) related to Robbie Benson (the Beast)?

I was wondering about that the last few days... :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 15th, 2005, 4:34 pm

Speaking of Voice actors.

DJ, on Full House, dated both Aladdin AND Max from A Goofy Movie!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 15th, 2005, 4:41 pm

Did Max from the Goofy series do the voice in the Goofy movies as well?

Goof Troop was so adorable. :wink: :wink:

BTW Six from Blossom (a Disney show) did voices in Disney cartoons as well. She played Roxanne's best friend in A Goofy Movie.

I know a lot of people thought Six was hot. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 15th, 2005, 4:45 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Did Max from the Goofy series do the voice in the Goofy movies as well?

Goof Troop was so adorable. :wink: :wink:

BTW Six from Blossom (a Disney show) did voices in Disney cartoons as well. She played Roxanne's best friend in A Goofy Movie.

I know a lot of people thought Six was hot. :wink:
Compared to Blossom, ANYONE was hot.

And no, because in the show, Max and PJ were kids. Also, Pete had a full family. In the movie, it was just Goofy/Max and Pete/PJ, and they were teenagers in high school.

I just thought it was interesting. I didn't like Steve in Full House until a friend pointed out to me that it was Aladdin and I was like holy crap he's awesome. Then I found out Max was the OTHER guy DJ dated and was like YES!

Anyway uhh back to the point.

eww blossom was ugly.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 15th, 2005, 4:51 pm

And no, because in the show, Max and PJ were kids. Also, Pete had a full family. In the movie, it was just Goofy/Max and Pete/PJ, and they were teenagers in high school
Yeah but...I think the kid who played Max got older between the series and the movies so...it still COULD be his voice.
Compared to Blossom, ANYONE was hot.
I don't know why people are so hard on Blossom. Yeah she wasn't Lindsey Lohan or Uma Thurman, but I thought she was pretty in a girl-next-door kind of way. She had a cute smile. Maybe her clothes are pretty dated now, but they were fashionable then.

Well anyway I"m not a guy so....what do I know. :roll: But it's brains that count IMO, not beauty. And she went to Harvard or Stanford from what I heard and is studying to be scientist or something.
Then I found out Max was the OTHER guy DJ dated and was like YES!

Plus remember that Uncle Jessie was dating "Rebecca" and in real life John Stamos was married to Rebecca Romijn. Pretty funny coinkidink. :wink:
I didn't like Steve in Full House until a friend pointed out to me that it was Aladdin and I was like holy crap he's awesome.
I loved the Aladdin series. It was my fave Disney afternoon show next to Ducktails and TaleSpin.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 15th, 2005, 5:21 pm

Well anyway I"m not a guy so....what do I know. :roll: But it's brains that count IMO, not beauty. And she went to Harvard or Stanford from what I heard and is studying to be scientist or something.
You are my new best freind.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 15th, 2005, 8:21 pm

Oh yeah! Becky was DAMNED hot.

And Goof Troop Max was played by someone named "Dana Hill"

A Goofy Movie Max was played by "Jason Marsden". He also played "Chester" in The Fairly Oddparents now that Malcom doesn't anymore. hmm. That's interesting. Also, I think he played that Blues Clues parody guy in Channel Chasers.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 15th, 2005, 9:47 pm

He's more well known now for being in the X-Men franchise.

Okay, okay...I thought I'd sneak that past ya... :roll:

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » November 15th, 2005, 11:57 pm

Jodi Benson and Robbie Benson are NOT related.

The only thing they have in common Disney-wise is the fact that they voiced and sang in their respective movies.

There are plenty of pictures of Jodi Benson up on the web if you Google pictures for her. She sort of looks like an older version of Ariel, but keep in mind that Ariel was a blend of features from `a bunch of DIFFERENT women including Benson, Alyssa Milano (around 16-years-old), writer/actress Sherri Stoner, and a couple of unmentioned people. Sherri Stoner was the live-action model for Ariel and pantomined a lot of her scenes including (I think) swimming in a water tank (possibly with a mermaid fin prosthetic).

As Ben said, I mainly meant ladies who voice act for a living, NOT the celebrities recruited to do voice-acting.

Notwithstanding a few exceptional talents like James Wood, voice actors are far and away MUCH better at their jobs than most celebrities.

One of the sad fallouts of feature animation's rise in the 1990s was the influx of celebrity talent cast to bring people in to see movies. Many of the casting choices made for films were, to say the least, "not so good."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 16th, 2005, 12:01 pm

Ariel had, accoriding to Glen Keane himself, a LOT of his wife in there.

I agree about poor voice choices based on their "name" factor. Didn't save "Sinbad", did it? ;)