Final Fantasy VII

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Final Fantasy VII

Post by Bebopgroove » January 12th, 2006, 2:25 pm

I searched everywhere on Animated News for any information on this, but I couldn't find anything, so I just assumed there wasn't a thread for this yet. But if this thread is unnecessary, mods, feel free to lock it.

I've been trying to keep updated on the release of this film, and according to a user on IMDB (who's said he researched), Square is currently having distributing issues with Columbia Pictures. I don't know if this info is legit (since the user never provided links to his info), but I'm just taking his word for it.
I did a little research and I found out the reason why the movie has been delayed again. Apparently, when Square signed the contract for Spirits Within, the contract included at least three more Final Fantasy movies. So when the time came to distribute Advent Children in the US, Columbia Pictures threw a fit about it and brought the contract out to show Square. Now both Square and Columbia are in a legal debate since Columbia is refusing to distribute Advent Children after all the money they lost on Spirits Within. It's possible that the two companies could be in talks for months before a descision is reached and Nomura himself has said that the US will have Kingdom Hearts II before Advent Children, since KH2 is being more highly anticipated than Advent Children. So, please, stop blaming Square and write your letters to Columbia Pictures. There's another rumor that if Columbia loses the legal battle than Advent Children may get a small US theatrical release.
Amazon.com has the release date set to 2010, but that's only because they have no release date. Places such as Walmart, Best Buy, and video game shops have different release dates ranging from Feb, March, April, and June. But really, they don't know when the release date is because one hasn't even been set.

I'm not sure if the English recording has been finished yet, or if Square will go through with that once the dispute is over with Columbia. :?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/bebopgroove/anim.gif[/img]
"...I could never leave this forest, but I must know if I am the only unicorn left in the world."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 12th, 2006, 4:46 pm

Don't ever take info from IMDB for new movies, especially ones that are brought over here and dubbed.

I saw it in japanese allready. It was pretty friggen sweet

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 12th, 2006, 4:54 pm

2010?

I'll be an old man!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bebopgroove » January 13th, 2006, 12:23 am

Macaluso wrote:Don't ever take info from IMDB for new movies, especially ones that are brought over here and dubbed.
I know that. All the info for every film on that site is user-submitted :roll: But you can still find some pretty intelligent people lurking around on some of the boards Like me, for instance.
Plus, I like to see what people are saying about certain films.
"...I could never leave this forest, but I must know if I am the only unicorn left in the world."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 17th, 2006, 1:18 pm

Have to say that I'm looking forward to this, it being what Spirits Within should have been instead of the new agey hokum and cliche ridden drab sci-fi it turned out to be.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 17th, 2006, 11:47 pm

If you're a fan of Final Fantasy VII, then you'll enjoy the crap out of it. If you're not, however, some... alot of the movie will have you confused.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bebopgroove » February 2nd, 2006, 11:44 am

I don't know if anyone would consider this news or not...

12:00 AM, 02-FEBRUARY-06

Fantasy VII Due On U.S. DVD?

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, a movie set in the universe of one of Square Enix's popular Final Fantasy video games, may be released on DVD before the end of the year, according to a post on the Digital Bits Web site. The news was reported on the GameSpot.com site.

The movie has previously appeared at the Venice Film Festival in Italy and on DVD and UMD in Japan.

According to the post, "It's taking a little extra time to work with the director to get all the supplemental elements finished, but the title is on track for release sometime later this year." Mike Stradford, an executive at Sony's DVD division, is cited as the source of information, the site reported.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children has sold hundreds of thousands of copies in Japan on both DVD and UMD.
But I think we already new that it was delayed because of preparations for the English language release (or at least I did).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 2nd, 2006, 3:06 pm

Never been into Final Fantasy...Ah well.