Tangled (formerly Rapunzel)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 2nd, 2010, 4:10 am

I agree with Elioli, I am excited just at the mere mention of a Menken interview.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 2nd, 2010, 6:04 pm

Tracklisting for the soundtrack has appeared on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Tangled-Soundtrac ... 125&sr=8-1

Here they are, I've spoiler tagged it as sometimes track names give away spoilers

Track Listings
1. When Will My Life Begin? Performed by Mandy Moore as "Rapunzel"
2. When Will My Life Begin? (Reprise 1) Performed by Mandy Moore as "Rapunzel"
3. Mother Knows Best Performed by Donna Murphy as "Mother Gothel"
4. When Will My Life Begin? (Reprise 2) Performed by Mandy Moore as "Rapunzel"
5. I've Got a Dream Performed by Brad Garrett as "Hook-Hand Thug," Jeffrey Tambor as "Big Nose Thug," Mandy Moore as "Rapunzel," Zachary Levi as "Flynn Rider" and Ensemble
6. Mother Knows Best (Reprise) Performed by Donna Murphy as "Mother Gothel"
7. I See the Light Performed by Mandy Moore as "Rapunzel" and Zachary Levi as "Flynn Rider"
8. Healing Incantation Performed by Mandy Moore as "Rapunzel"
9. Flynn Wanted Score
10. Prologue Songs and Score Performed by Donna Murphy as "Mother Gothel" and Delaney Stein as "Young Rapunzel"
11. Horse with No Rider Score
12. Escape Route Score
13. Campfire Score
14. Kingdom Dance Score
15. Waiting for the Lights Score
16. Return to Mother Score
17. Realization and Escape Score
18. The Tear Heals Score and Song Performed by Mandy Moore as "Rapunzel"
19. Kingdom Celebration Score
20. Something That I Want Performed by Grace Potter
And people over at the Tangled board at iMDB believe this is the end credits song. Which while it is by the artist and shares the title of the song, if used it's not an original song (released 2 years ago AND used on One Tree Hill) which would be disappointng for a Disney song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6TqbsrLyxs

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Tangled (Formerly Rapunzel)

Post by Dusterian » October 4th, 2010, 1:20 pm

Well there was a picture of the artist recording the song in the Disney studio so it's either a whole new song or a new recording of that song. Menken also said he did not like the idea of using whatever song it is for the end credits...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 4th, 2010, 2:16 pm

Where did Menken say this?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » October 4th, 2010, 10:49 pm

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/oscars- ... more-66061

Though he also Twitted: "Working on new End Credits song for TANGLED." Though it could mean that he was working with Grace Potter, the girl who supposedly is writing it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 5th, 2010, 6:59 am

I quite like the way he said NEW end credit song. I like to read into this that Menken convinced them that the end credits song should be an Menken penned tune sang by Grace Potter, not just a Grace Potter song. But if I keep thinking that I will just be disappointed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Pascal » October 15th, 2010, 1:28 pm

Hey guys. I noticed nobody here seems to be talking about these cute little teasers. Thought I'd share them with you.

Oh, James, Ben, I'm not a spambot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT5TKk1E ... re=channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/disneyanima ... 8mF5sv7bKg
http://www.youtube.com/user/disneyanima ... Z_mVjtQ-j8

I'm sure there'll be more coming soon.
Last edited by Pascal on October 15th, 2010, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 23rd, 2010, 8:58 pm

For all the complaints Disney is getting about the marketing of the film, I'm actually impressed with the way they are releasing information through the little teasers. For me, I think they will make people curious about the film. What is going to happen.

As opposed to another animated film being released around the same time whose trailer spoils the one thing that would have got me there, has shown as the first 5 minutes and another sequence.

I think Disney is quietly making this a possible must see event for casual movie goers.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 24th, 2010, 7:56 am

I agree...it's building the interest like the old films did, and it's at a point where I think people will feel like going to see a Disney fairytale again.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by Macaluso » October 24th, 2010, 9:56 am

Ben wrote:I agree...it's building the interest like the old films did, and it's at a point where I think people will feel like going to see a Disney fairytale again.
B-b-b-but it's... the title of the movie is called TANGLED!!! Not REPUNZAL!!! People aren't gonna know! THE TITLE BEN, THE TITLE!!!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 24th, 2010, 4:18 pm

The condescendingly intolerant and superstitious studio knee-jerk social stigma toward the audience!
(Which we hope to conquer if it holds its own respectably alongside Harry Potter, with all the Twilight competition out of the way...)

...Some people just can't see the larger battle to fight. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whitney » October 24th, 2010, 5:15 pm

What I find interesting is that Disney had a big media campaign about introducing Tiana that first African American princess. Now their newest film goes back to the stereotypical blonde character design. I will say she has a bit more baby fat on her and she is more adventurous than other princesses, but where's the cultural diversity?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » October 24th, 2010, 5:29 pm

I think only the actual trailer and television spots are the big sellers of films. I mean, what little kids and soccer moms will actually see all internet videos? And if you ask me, the trailer was, although almost good...rather, a fail.

SZWG, she is actually one of the skinner princesses, almost as skinny as Ariel (Glen Keane designed them both). The "baby fat" princesses are Snow White and Cinderella.

And yes, Disney has gone back to tradition. Rapunzel had golden hair in the original story. Let Disney be Disney, about the old classics...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » October 24th, 2010, 5:49 pm

Macaluso wrote:B-b-b-but it's... the title of the movie is called TANGLED!!! Not REPUNZAL!!! People aren't gonna know! THE TITLE BEN, THE TITLE!!!!
If you want to see "Disney's Rapunzel," you can go see it in France ..

hint: it'll be the same movie. Except, in french. :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 24th, 2010, 8:09 pm

Hmmmm... could be a case here for getting the Canadian bilingual Blu-ray packaging when it comes out.! ;)