Tangled (formerly Rapunzel)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Rapunzel

Post by Dusterian » July 30th, 2009, 6:26 pm

Bill, do you know inside information it is shadow puppets?

Because quiet clearly to me it looks like she is pointing to the stars or glowing orbs in the painting in her tower.

As for the recent concept art, HOLY MOLY I'M EXCITED IT LOOKS PHENOMENAL and PRETTY PERFECT. They even kept her tower having that roomy house-at-the-top-looking structure! THANK GOD!

Thanks robster!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » July 30th, 2009, 10:37 pm

Bill, do you know inside information it is shadow puppets?
Man I wish I was. But I'm just a lowly Australian doing some crazy sarcastic hypothezing about the scene.

Wow!!!!! Those new concept arts are absolutely gorgeous. I hope they can pull of the oil painting look for this picture as the concept art looks truly mazing and it would be a shame for the CG to ruin it. The last picture reminds me of the Kiss The Girl sequence in The Little Mermaid. Thanks for posting them robster

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » July 31st, 2009, 5:00 am

Thanks!

I can't wait for the trailer!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Rapunzel

Post by Dusterian » July 31st, 2009, 1:37 pm

Notice also in the pictures I posted of the OLD original tower and the NEW one, that the OLD one has that more detailed, rich, buttery, rococo, Fragonard painting look that Glen Keane originally wanted? And the NEW one looks just like an oil painting.

So, I hope they don't lose the original Fragonard style Keane wanted.

If you need to know what I'm talking about, here: Glen Keane's Vision of Rapunzel's Beauty.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 1st, 2009, 11:14 am

Looking gorgeous and suitably "Disney". Shall I set the rumor-mill into a spin by suggesting we might get a teaser on the front of Princess And The Frog?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » August 2nd, 2009, 7:16 am

that would be fairly quick since they only started animating a few weeks ago. But could be done, a quick teaser...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » August 2nd, 2009, 8:03 am

Well, we did get that Princess and the Frog teaser last December, so it's certainly not out of the question.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » August 2nd, 2009, 8:43 am

I think we got the Princess and the Frog teaser in August actually.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » August 2nd, 2009, 10:19 am

Wow, that early, huh?

So, maybe there's a possibility of the Rapunzel teaser premiering with Ponyo. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 3rd, 2009, 11:22 am

Okay guys...stop with the quoting the last message if you're making a direct reply. I've just gone through the last four posts and removed the quiotes - by estefan's message above my original message and its replies had been copied out five times...no need for that, thanks.

And a teaser is certainly not out of the question. What you don't seem to realise is that often productions will start with their signature scenes or even specifically on teaser material. For all we know, a preview scene or a teaser is already done and in post production. They really don't take that long.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » August 4th, 2009, 5:55 pm

Apparently they will be showing SOMETHING at the D23 expo which will be held between the 10th and 13th this September! From the D23 website:

D23 members will also get advance looks at two spectacular live-action fantasy films from Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer Films — Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (with Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Atherton) and The Sorcerer's Apprentice (starring Nicolas Cage). Highlights of upcoming animated films from Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios will include exclusive looks at The Princess and the Frog, the new 3D versions of the first two Toy Story films along with a sneak peek at Toy Story 3 and an early look at Disney's 2010 animated fairy tale, Rapunzel.

OMG, you think we'll see even more artwork and maybe something moving already? Like a teaser or SOMETHING? I mean, this movie has my heart making backflips already, I need more info, more artwork, more something!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » August 14th, 2009, 1:30 pm

*drools at the new concept art*

They keep changing that tower. ;P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » August 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm

It was around fall 2008 we got that The Princess and the Frog teaser. Since Rapunzel comes out in 2010 in winter, could we get a teaser for it in the next few months?
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » August 20th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Neal wrote:It was around fall 2008 we got that The Princess and the Frog teaser. Since Rapunzel comes out in 2010 in winter, could we get a teaser for it in the next few months?
The teaser will premiere at the D23 expo. At least that's the word right now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » August 20th, 2009, 6:01 pm

So I've heard. I just wonder how long before it makes it online in legit form (not someone snuck a camera into the expo and has grainy footage from 30 rows back)
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet