Hercules

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » April 19th, 2006, 12:29 am

Wahaha - we had names and backstories for all the guards over at I-k once. But personally I found Guard # 12 vastly cuter. =P
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 19th, 2006, 1:04 am

I was listening to "One last hope". Phil's song (which was a b**** to find, let me tell you). All the songs in that movie are completely awesome. I really want to watch it now. I hope a Special Edition comes out soon. If there isn't one planned any time soon, I'll go buy a normal DVD of it. But like The Little Mermaid, if a special edition is on its way, I'm not going to purchase anything.

EDIT: I SPEL GUD

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 19th, 2006, 4:36 am

Macaluso wrote:I was listening to "One last hope". Phil's song (which was a b**** to find, let me tell you). All the songs in that movie are completely awesome.
I've got the Hercules soundtrack. It's one of my favorites, along with The Incredibles, The Lion King, and Mulan. Did you want any other songs?

~~=oP

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 19th, 2006, 7:59 am

Zero to Hero all the way!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Hercules

Post by Farerb » November 14th, 2020, 10:54 am

Does anyone know what book this quote is from?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 14th, 2020, 11:57 am

Another found picture from your phone? ;)

Tried a couple of keywords from that bottom hard to read section and got this interview. Sadly not what you're looking for, but it's a fascinating read nonetheless.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » November 14th, 2020, 12:43 pm

Thank you. It was interesting.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 14th, 2020, 12:48 pm

The Art of Hercules! Ahh. I was too slow. Saw you already found out on the other board! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » November 14th, 2020, 12:59 pm

That's okay. Thank you anyway, and I appreciate the link you provided. I didn't know about this blog before and I started reading other entries, I even noticed that Musker used to comment there.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 14th, 2020, 1:10 pm

I'm glad some good came of it. There's a lot of interesting entries and more on Herc.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 15th, 2020, 2:57 am

And while the project the "idiots" were "obsessing" over turned out to be Treasure Planet, in retrospect, it's almost sort of good that that one didn't come out at the height of the Renaissance.

Planet's still good, but worked better as a post-Tarzan look back at what worked for serious-literature Disney after the surprise bad reception for Hercules, and took so much guff from the mad-cult Groovies and Stitchies working out their Eisner issues against, quote, "normal" Disney films.

Even Hercules was a stronger film in comparison to Planet, even if we thought Eisner was condescendingly trying to "fix", quote, "boring" Greek source material with Wacky Disney humor.