Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 8th, 2007, 4:34 pm

Ben wrote:But it's a STRONG two then, right? I'm guessing Transformers is down to 3 or lower?

MTR has legs... :)
Well Transformers is till No. 1 on HD-DVD sales, but truthfully when MTR came out on DVD I was hoping Hostel II would take the number two spot.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 8th, 2007, 6:10 pm

Really...What does it matter? If you enjoyed the film...Then you enjoyed the film. DVD sales aren't going to change that fact, are they?

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 8th, 2007, 6:14 pm

Meg wrote:Really...What does it matter? If you enjoyed the film...Then you enjoyed the film. DVD sales aren't going to change that fact, are they?
I was only saying that, that's all.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 8th, 2007, 6:27 pm

Yawn...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 4th, 2007, 3:23 am

I'm disappointed that Meet the Robinsons only received two Annie Award nominations. Personally, I think it should have gotten the Best Animated Feature nomination that Bee Movie received. Still, I'm happy that Robinsons was given a nomination for its music. I'm rooting for the song "Little Wonders" to get an Oscar nomination as well.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 4th, 2007, 8:35 am

Yep, I'm surprised there too. Look for Bee Movie and Simpsons to make some noise during the awards season - down to their name pulling power more than anything else, unfortunately.

I'm glad Rat is leading though...it's just such an understated, awesome achievement.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Meet The Robinsons

Post by Daniel » June 19th, 2023, 3:14 pm

Stephen Anderson wrote:@stevehatguy I discovered in your intro to the Meet the Robinsons deleted scenes that the film would've used a variation on the classic Disney castle logo. I wonder what it would've looked liked in motion?

We designed a Bill Joyce-inspired castle logo for MTR but someone (whose initials are JL) wouldn’t let us to use it.
That would've been so cool!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 19th, 2023, 3:47 pm

*skims thread*

Oh yeah. Code Horror was a “thing” here.

Fun times.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 19th, 2023, 7:29 pm

Or should we say…Movie-Man. Lol. :o
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 19th, 2023, 8:42 pm

Oh gawd,yeah…Movie-Man. Woah. ;)