Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 17th, 2007, 2:27 am

Thanks for the credit on the front page, Josh! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Therese » July 1st, 2007, 11:18 am

I'm glad someone said this is a month later than anticipated. When I read October 23 (in USA Today), I thought "WHAT?!?" I was really thinking (hoping) September if not sooner. I'm glad it will have Stephen Anderson's commentary, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » October 22nd, 2007, 5:39 pm

Hi, guys! :)

I figured this is a great time to stop by. As you are all most likely aware, Meet The Robinsons will be released on DVD tomorrow. I'm very disappointed in the Disney Stores for not offering a pre-order w/ lithographs, but do you know of any other retail exclusives?

Yes, my avatar is zombie Tony Rydinger. Heheh.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 22nd, 2007, 5:49 pm

Nice to see you again, Vix! :D

Unfortunately I never got to see this in theaters, so I'll probably pick up the DVD, or at least rent it on Pay-Per-View. Thanks for the heads up about the release. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 22nd, 2007, 5:52 pm

Hey PV!! :) :wink: Long time no see!! :)

Is that Tony avatar re-done for Halloween? :P :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » October 22nd, 2007, 5:56 pm

Nice to see you again too, Meg! :) Glad I brought the DVD release to your attention.

And yes it is, ShyVi. I freaked out a few members of our forum with it. Bwahaha.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 22nd, 2007, 6:52 pm

What everyone else said, good to see you again, PixarVixen! :)

I usually do this with other DVD's, so here's a quick guide of what's going to be offered: (I've been sick, so that's why I haven't done it yet)

Target - 16.99$, no goodies.

Best Buy - 14.99$, free 30 day access to "ToonTown Online" AND you save 25% on Disney fun -- over 150 dvds, cds, in store and online.

Circuit City - 14.99$, and you can get a 2 for 20$ deal, with only three choices --Sky High, Air Bud World Pup and The Pacifer.

Wal-Mart - 16.87$, no goodies.

Kind of dissapointing that there's no plushie, pin, or anything being offered, but ah well. Personally, I think Best Buy has the best deal and price, but of course, it depends on which one you have easier access to. Hope that helps. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Meet The Robinsons DVD

Post by PixarVixen » October 23rd, 2007, 2:34 am

The future has arrived today...on DVD! 8)

I had to trek through heavy rain during the midnight hour, but I finally have my copy of Meet The Robinsons on DVD. :mrgreen:

bonus features
- 3 deleted scenes
- music videos for "Little Wonders" and "Kids of the Future"
- Family Function 5000 family tree trivia game
- Inventing The Robinsons
- Keep Moving Forward: Inventions That Shaped The World
- audio commentary with director Stephen Anderson

I hid the sneak peaks because, if you're like me, you like to be surprised when viewing a new Disney DVD.
sneak peeks
- Return To Never Land DVD
- The Aristocats special edition DVD
- Cinderella 2: Dreams Come True special edition DVD
- High School Musical 2 DVD
- Snow Buddies DVD
- Ratatouille DVD
- Enchanted trailer
- The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause DVD
~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 23rd, 2007, 4:38 am

When it comes to the movie, yeah, but the sneak peaks? Very much so. ;)

Where did you end up buying it, PixarVixen?

Lastly, recently when a movie comes out on DVD, we now tend to stick to the thread we were using before and continue discussion there. No worries, since you haven't been around in a while and didn't know. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 23rd, 2007, 7:34 am

Sky High is good fun if you go the Best Buy route. :)

I've merged the Robinsons threads to our original one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » October 23rd, 2007, 8:28 am

Daniel wrote:Where did you end up buying it, PixarVixen?
At Wal-Mart. There's one about 5 minutes down the road from my house, and I couldn't wait. Heheh.

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » October 23rd, 2007, 9:00 am

I picked up the Meet the Robinsons DVD at midnight, as well .. the Virgin Megastore in Hollywood routinely stays open until 12:30 AM on Tuesdays, in order to give folks the first opportunity to get their hands on the week's new releases. 8)

The bonus features are somewhat 'slim', but still pretty interesting .. especially the "Designing the Robinsons" featurette, which has a couple of intriguing glimpses at earlier versions of the movie. The commentary by Stephen Anderson also has a few fun surprises. :)

In a 'perfect' world, this DVD would have featured a 'music only' track, so that the complete Danny Elfman score could finally be available to those of us who'd rather not pay $150+ for it on the 'grey' market. :idea:

All-in-all, though .. a nice disc of a fun film.

Between MTR this week and Ratatouille next week, a blu-ray player is becoming a mighty tempting prospect .. :twisted:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 23rd, 2007, 10:32 am

I'll be getting it sometime before long (although I already have "Sky High", so there's no reason to buy it at Circuit City). It was a highly enjoyable film and I look forward to seeing it again. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 23rd, 2007, 10:53 pm

droosan wrote:Between MTR this week and Ratatouille next week, a blu-ray player is becoming a mighty tempting prospect .. :twisted:
I'm making these (and Cars and 2001) my first BluRay purchases, though I don't have the player yet.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Therese » October 24th, 2007, 7:39 am

Got my copy of "Robinsons" at Best Buy yesterday, and watched last night with the commentary track. I loved that Steve warns right up front that there will be spoilers in the commentary, and if you haven't seen the movie yet, stop now! (There's a great moment in the commentary track for Monsters, Inc, where they spoil a twist early on then say, oh, yeah, you shouldn't be listening to us if you haven't watched the movie first.)

3 particular things that I'm going to hide:
The "special guest appearance" during the commentary! That was pretty funny, just because I like BHG - the funniest one was where he's making up this pointless dialogue for the take-over-the-frog scene, while he thinks he's waiting for Doris to get them back on.

The explanation of the two boys who voiced Lewis and how that worked out, and how they dealt with Wesley Singerman's voice change as Wilbur - I always liked the fact that Wilbur sounded like a teenager and Lewis sounded like a kid, because they really were at that age where one year can make a big difference.

Of course, my favorite part was the story of deciding that Bowler Hat Guy was really Goob, and how Steve didn't think it would work until he heard the preview audience's reaction to the big reveal. That was great.
This really is such a fun movie; it was nice to get to see it again.