Teacher's Pet

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » November 30th, 2004, 1:33 am

I don't mean to change the subject, but since this thread has dealt with Disney and the Best Original Song category, is anyone else shocked that Disney is promoting the songs from America's Heart and Soul and Ladder 49, but not "Breakaway" from Princess Diaries 2? Not only was that possibly the biggest hit song that Disney put out this year, it is actually a good song- a lot better than most of the "hip" songs that play over the credits of today's teen movies.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 30th, 2004, 6:06 am

Breakaway is an awesome song. I love it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: For Your Consideration...

Post by Inkan1969 » January 20th, 2005, 3:03 pm

mr. squarepants wrote:I was shocked to see a "For Your Consideration: Best Animated Feature" banner for Teacher's Pet, at Hollywood Reporter's website. I figured that Disney would try to push Home on the Range more than Teacher's Pet, since it seems that most people, even the few who saw Teacher's Pet, have forgotten about the critically acclaimed film.
I'm really glad that they did that. "Home on the Range" was OK, but I thought "Teacher's Pet" was really good. It's the only other movie this year besides "The Incredibles" that I think is oscar worthy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » January 24th, 2005, 1:42 pm

I am astounded that The Polar Express is being ignored by many in this forum or dissed altogether! How can you all not see that this is not just a good film, it's a GREAT film! I fully concur with Roger Ebert when he said that this movie is the kind of film that goes on to become a classic. He nailed it right on the proverbial head. This is one that will stand up to the test of time and will be favorite for years to come, guaranteed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by scrantov » January 26th, 2005, 12:04 am

Polar Express was a complete disaster. Characterless, pointless, and UGLY. And in 3D Imax, it's uglier still. Reminds me of all those really ugly badly directed Bakshi films from the '70's.