Charlotte's Web

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 20th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Oh that's right! I plum forgot about the live action film. Doesn't really standout :? It looks like Babe with a spider. But that's from seeing only one trailer ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 20th, 2006, 9:45 pm

Yes, what with the new packaging on the DVD using the new movie's logo treatment, it's certainly a way for Paramount to get the title out there again, intro the book to kids who have not yet read it, and prime a captive audience for their new movie!

And Thanksgiving provides a handy way for it to be given as a gift!

Thanks for your detective work, Mickey, but it's of little use to me I'm afraid. :( I can only really buy from Amazon, so I need to know if their version comes widescreen or not. Now we know that there are different versions about I can't order from there without being certain.

Hopefully, someone will buy it and post a review and mention something about the aspect ratio, but thanks anyway! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 21st, 2006, 12:56 am

You're welcome, Ben. Sorry I couldn't help you more about the matter. I'll still keep my eyes and ears open for more info on the DVD, though.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 21st, 2006, 8:37 am

Thanks! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 21st, 2006, 1:39 pm

*Eh* I'm not very excited about this to tell the truth. A talking pig and talking farm animals....didn't they already do this with Babe?

Plus the cartoon version of this is, while flawed, will always be "Charlotte's Web" to me. :wink:

And I don't really see Dakota as Fern at all. No offense to her, but she's been in more movies than Charlize Theron and Jude Law put together! (j/k, but it seems that way) I'm not saying she's a bad actress, it's just a bit much! :roll:

Personally I think a young Anna Paquin via Fly Away Home would have been better. Or someone like her. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 21st, 2006, 2:02 pm

Anna Paquin is a little old now to play Fern, isn't she?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 21st, 2006, 2:19 pm

Yeah, I just meant as a kid she would have been perfect. But since she's grown up, why not get someone who's like her? :)

Basically, it's all about star power. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 21st, 2006, 4:40 pm

But Dakota Fanning IS a good actress, even if she's been in a lot of movies lately.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 21st, 2006, 5:23 pm

No argument there! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 21st, 2006, 6:34 pm

ShyViolet wrote:*Eh* I'm not very excited about this to tell the truth. A talking pig and talking farm animals....didn't they already do this with Babe?
Me to, but didn't I say that? ;) haha jawker.

It really does look like Babe doesn't it? I wish they would've done something to set it apart, but as of now it doesn't appear that way :?
ShyViolet wrote: Plus the cartoon version of this is, while flawed, will always be "Charlotte's Web" to me. :wink:
How so? Lost some of the charm of the book, perhaps? That's not new :P

The sequel is beyond flawed, have you ever seen it? :x
ShyViolet wrote: Personally I think a young Anna Paquin via Fly Away Home would have been better. Or someone like her. :wink:
Ah, wouldn't that be nice. I personally feel the same way as you with Dakota. Sure she's a good actress, but not for this role.

And Julia Roberts as Charlotte? Meh, she was an alright Tinker Bell, but now my favorite spider? I hope she doesn't ruin the role :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 21st, 2006, 6:44 pm

The sequel is beyond flawed, have you ever seen it? Mad
I think I heard of it, but had no interest at all.

I trust you since I know you know all about sequels! j/k :) :P

Meh, she was an alright Tinker Bell, but now my favorite spider? I hope she doesn't ruin the role
Aw, that's sweet. :wink: Yeah Charlotte's my favorite spider too. I actually think Julia's not that bad a choice, but her voice is SO recognizable that it ruins the storybook feel. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 21st, 2006, 6:49 pm

BTW I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving! :) :)

(If you don't live in the U.S, have a great week anyway! :wink:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 21st, 2006, 7:09 pm

ShyViolet wrote: I think I heard of it, but had no interest at all.

I trust you since I know you know all about sequels! j/k :) :P
But I do Vi :D (mainly cartoons though)

But yes, its a real bad sequel. However, if they ever give it on tv (such as HBO Family ;)) you should see it. IMO it makes you love the original more. You'll know what I mean, if you ever do.
ShyViolet wrote: Aw, that's sweet. :wink: Yeah Charlotte's my favorite spider too. I actually think Julia's not that bad a choice, but her voice is SO recognizable that it ruins the storybook feel. :(
Hehe ya :)

I can't help but love Charlotte! Her design and voice is what makes her so very memorable.

And yes your right about Julia! Its like Robin Williams, you can tell its them from a mile away. Its sad, but at least Voice acting isn't their prime directive ;)

EDIT: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone from me as well :)
Last edited by Daniel on November 21st, 2006, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 21st, 2006, 7:10 pm

I think I just came up with a way to get ShyVi to see "Charlotte's Web'":

The "Shrek the Third" teaser trailer. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 21st, 2006, 7:13 pm

Tricky WJ! Ha :)