The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 20th, 2006, 8:33 pm

Movie-Man wrote:
Meg wrote:I don't watch R-rated movies either...Scary movies just aren't my style. I'll see a g-rated animated kids movie over a disgustingly horrifying fill any day! :)

(And don’t feel bad about “When a Stranger Calls”, I had to sleep with the lights on after watching “The Poltergeist”…:roll:)
But what if it's an animated R-rated Horror film? For me, I say "Hell yeah!".
I doubt people will go see an R-rated animated HORROR movie. An animated horror movie would not get treated the same as a regular horror film. It wouldn't be taken seriously. As much as you might hate that, the general public will not take an animated horror movie seriously.

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 20th, 2006, 8:47 pm

Macaluso wrote:
Movie-Man wrote:
Meg wrote:I don't watch R-rated movies either...Scary movies just aren't my style. I'll see a g-rated animated kids movie over a disgustingly horrifying fill any day! :)

(And don’t feel bad about “When a Stranger Calls”, I had to sleep with the lights on after watching “The Poltergeist”…:roll:)
But what if it's an animated R-rated Horror film? For me, I say "Hell yeah!".
I doubt people will go see an R-rated animated HORROR movie. An animated horror movie would not get treated the same as a regular horror film. It wouldn't be taken seriously. As much as you might hate that, the general public will not take an animated horror movie seriously.
Are you kidding me? People are suckers for Horror films, any kind like those damn remakes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 20th, 2006, 8:57 pm

Please read what I wrote.

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 20th, 2006, 9:22 pm

Macaluso wrote:Please read what I wrote.
I read it but I have to disagree, lately Horror films have been doing well so an Animated Horror film might get people's attention.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 20th, 2006, 11:20 pm

I doubt that very much, unless you went with computer animated, and even then that seems pointless, since most monsters and creatures, like in Silent Hill, are computer animated.

Like I said, I just don't see the general public taking an animated horror movie seriously.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 20th, 2006, 11:45 pm

Sinbad actually had some scary stuff. The monsters and so forth.

Even the battle scene in Antz was kinda frightening. :shock:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 21st, 2006, 12:13 am

Macaluso wrote:I doubt that very much, unless you went with computer animated, and even then that seems pointless, since most monsters and creatures, like in Silent Hill, are computer animated.

Like I said, I just don't see the general public taking an animated horror movie seriously.
The general public would still go see a Horror film if it's 2-D animated or something.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 21st, 2006, 12:44 am

Ben wrote:I was impressed by "Saw" recently. I may look into the sequel on that one.
The sequel is better. The first one was pretty much just the 2 guys talking. The second one is way more interesting.

~~=oP

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 21st, 2006, 2:13 am

Shy: I'm aware, but those weren't horror movies. Those were just intense scenes.
Movie-Man wrote:
Macaluso wrote:I doubt that very much, unless you went with computer animated, and even then that seems pointless, since most monsters and creatures, like in Silent Hill, are computer animated.

The general public would still go see a Horror film if it's 2-D animated or something.
And I'm of the opinion, that they won't.

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 21st, 2006, 2:38 am

Macaluso wrote:Shy: I'm aware, but those weren't horror movies. Those were just intense scenes.
Movie-Man wrote:

And I'm of the opinion, that they won't.
Your opinion but however, audiences today are suckers for Horror films like especially remakes like The Amityville Horror.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » April 21st, 2006, 8:26 am

Agree or not, the facts are this:

The general public believes that animated films are for children. The people who see animated films are (for the most part) families with children.

The people who enjoy horror movies are obviously not children. Very few fans of horror movies will be interested in watching a "kid's cartoon" no matter what the genre.

So basically, animated movies are for kids, and R-rated horror movies are for adults. There's not too much crossover in those two audiences.

Maybe in Japan, where I understand there are lots of anime horror films, but not in America.

(By the way, I want to clarify that I don't believe animated films are only for kids. But a majority of American filmgoers do.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 21st, 2006, 8:36 am

Phil beat me to it.

(BTW, isn't some studio making a CGI horror film? Bone Saw or something?)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 21st, 2006, 10:07 am

Movie-Man wrote:
Ben wrote:I was impressed by "Saw" recently. I may look into the sequel on that one.
What does that have to do with an animated Horror film?
Same thing that "Son of the Mask" has to do with animated Disney sequels. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 21st, 2006, 2:32 pm

So basically, animated movies are for kids, and R-rated horror movies are for adults. There's not too much crossover in those two audiences.
That certainly does make sense. :) I don't know if anyone remembers but way back in 1997 there was an animated series on HBO modeled after the comic book "Spawn." There was some REALLY creepy stuff there, demons, hell, murderers, "suggested" sex. But it wasn't done all that well, it ended up being kinda "cartoony" despite the serious themes. And personally I couldn't understand three minutes of it. I think it was aimed towards hard-core fans, no doubt. It ended pretty quickly.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 21st, 2006, 2:39 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
That certainly does make sense. :) I don't know if anyone remembers but way back in 1997 there was an animated series on HBO modeled after the comic book "Spawn." There was some REALLY creepy stuff there, demons, hell, murderers, "suggested" sex. But it wasn't done all that well, it ended up being kinda "cartoony" despite the serious themes. And personally I couldn't understand three minutes of it. I think it was aimed towards hard-core fans, no doubt. It ended pretty quickly.
But it was also aimed at adults which is a very good idea since Spawn isn't exactly for kids and Spawn: TAS was aimed at kids, it could've been the worst show ever but thank god it didn't but you know, I think Todd MacFarlane should do a Disney animated Horror film if Disney allows that.