AV Founder

Re: J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek"

Post by Ben » June 19th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Oh gosh, that's so sad.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 20th, 2016, 5:07 pm

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 10th, 2018, 10:45 pm

This would be quite upsetting if true...

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/9 ... -hemsworth
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 11th, 2018, 3:58 am

It’s negotiating tactics. But unfair on Paramount's side: when they restructured their deals for the third film, a bunch of them took essentially a pay cut already to do three for less and a fourth for more later. Now they want to do the fourth but don’t want to pay what they set in a deal! And there’s no way the third lost money if they’re making a fourth...that doesn’t happen. I have a feeling that everyone'll be back...Paramount know that the film won’t make a dime without the Chrises (Pine in particular) and will fold eventually to honor they very contract they offered back on the third film.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 11th, 2018, 8:55 am

Yeah, it's either they get Pine or forget the whole thing. Poor form on Panny's part.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 11th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Um...Panny? ;)

It’s Paramount, not Panasonic (which *does* get affectionately known as Panny in certain tech circles)! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 11th, 2018, 7:47 pm

I had just woken up. Though, part of me knew that something was off!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 12th, 2018, 12:47 am

Ben wrote:Um...Panny? ;)

It’s Paramount, not Panasonic (which *does* get affectionately known as Panny in certain tech circles)! :)
Haven't heard anyone gripe about "Panny" since Avatar was taken "hostage" during the Blu-ray 3D days! :lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 12th, 2018, 5:34 am

Perhaps in consumer circles, Eric...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 23rd, 2018, 2:30 pm

WatchMojo video about the best TOS/TNG/Abrams Trek films...

https://youtu.be/XtoQxHFLWoI

Basically, they twice mix up footage from different TOS films (ie: Kirk’s eulogy from 2 as part of 3).
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 26th, 2018, 1:12 pm

Interesting interview with Jonathan Frakes (who’s already directed several episodes of Star Trek: Discovery as well as Seth MacFarlane’s The Orville) about Discovery, Orville, as well as the possibility of Quentin Tarantino directing the next Star Trek reboot film. It was apparently Abrams’ idea, which Frakes knew about since he’s good friends with him.

I realize it’s kind of an older article (from last March) but I thought it was interesting since we haven’t really discussed Discovery or Orville. Haven’t seen either yet, but I read that Discovery is supposed to be really good. Also saw clips of Orville (Star Trek mega-fan MacFarlane’s original sci-fi comedy/adventure) which actually did look funny and interesting. (It’s nothing like Family Guy.)*

*I still definitely enjoy FG, although mostly older episodes. I just meant it has a very different feel.

https://trekmovie.com/2018/03/26/jonath ... e-orville/
Last edited by ShyViolet on October 26th, 2018, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 26th, 2018, 2:50 pm

The Orville is quite fun, and I recommend it to every Trek fan. It doesn't necessarily reach the heights of Galaxy Quest, but it's definitely knit from the same affectionate cloth.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 27th, 2018, 10:49 am

Actors who regretted—and adored—their appearance on ST TNG:

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-next-g ... et-adored/

Kinda funny: :)

McDowell talked about Star Trek Generations at the LA Times Hero Complex Festival, where he said that he was doing everyone a favor by silencing Shatner and how no one had made a good Star Trek movie until J.J. Abrams. McDowell is also one of the few actors who has ever criticized Patrick Stewart, saying that hearing him talk is akin to watching paint dry.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 4th, 2018, 2:14 pm

Very very interesting trivia database for every single Star Trek film/series ever made (with the exceptions of Beyond and Discovery). Definitely worth checking out. :). (Scroll down for list.)

http://www.warpedfactor.com/2015/01/15- ... -star.html

(BTW I hope I’ve been posting in the right thread. I know it’s actually supposed to be for the reboot films, but I wasn’t sure where else to post since I think there is a thread for general Star Trek stuff, but it’s quite old. Feel free to move! :))

Here it is:

viewtopic.php?t=1719