Underdog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » April 26th, 2006, 9:40 pm

I've always been a Cage fan. National Treasure was among my favorite movies of 2004. :)
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » April 26th, 2006, 10:52 pm

PixarVixen wrote:Wow. I never knew anyone who disliked Nicholas Cage so much. LOL I liked him in Face Off, but other than that, he doesn't really do it for me.

Still, what does he have to do with Underdog? :?
Nicolas Cage, Dane Cook, and Steve Martin were all candidates for the role: http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00004800.html.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 26th, 2006, 11:11 pm

Aww. I would've loved Dane Cook. Oddly enough, Brandon and I have been listening to his comedy CDs for the past couple of days. He's a comical genius. A little crude at times, but very funny.

Nicholas Cage wouldn't have fit Underdog right. He seems too serious for that kind of role. Steve Martin might have worked. I'm glad Jason is voicing him instead.

This will be the first time he's voicing a real superhero. I'm sure Syndrome would think differently. Heehee.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » April 27th, 2006, 12:38 am

Actually I can see Cage better than Martin. Cage pulls off the humble and slightly gloomy persona which I don't think Martin would recognize if it hit him in the face (which would be just his style of physical comedy). I still think Lee is the best choice though. :D
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 27th, 2006, 8:43 am

Do you guys remember when Cage was going to be The Man Of Steel in Tim Burton's Superman project?

I shudder to think...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 27th, 2006, 11:54 am

:shock:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 27th, 2006, 3:44 pm

For some reason, I just thought that Cage could be funny voicing a dog.

"There's no need to fear, Underdog is here!"

Hee, hee. I would've been kinda funny. Or not...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 27th, 2006, 9:41 pm

Do you guys remember when Cage was going to be The Man Of Steel in Tim Burton's Superman project?

I shudder to think...
YES! :o I think I mentioned that somewhere on the Superman thread.
Wasn't Tim Burton supposed to direct back then? Why didn't Cage sign go through with it?

I'm also very glad he didn't...that would have been TERRIBLE. :shock: So...Superman grew up to look like Nic Cage? I'd hate to think how everyone else on Krypton looks like.... :? (J/K)

BTW isn't Cage's son named Kal'el? Uh....that's weird. :?

I recently saw The Rock (never saw it before) and thought Cage was pretty good in it. But mostly he annoys me. How did anyone ever take a look at him and think he could be a great leading man?

I think a lot of it is that Coppola connection (yes, that's his real name, he's Francis Ford's nephew.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 28th, 2006, 9:14 am

ShyViolet wrote: Wasn't Tim Burton supposed to direct back then? Why didn't Cage sign go through with it?
Yes, that's why I said: "Tim Burton's Superman project". ;)
Cage dropped out when Burton left.

ShyViolet wrote:BTW isn't Cage's son named Kal'el? Uh....that's weird. :?
Yep...whatever else, he's a true Supes fan. And don't forget that Kal (or rather Cal) was a pretty popular name at one point, especially in the 1950s. Not so unusual.

ShyViolet wrote:I recently saw The Rock (never saw it before) and thought Cage was pretty good in it.

I think a lot of it is that Coppola connection (yes, that's his real name, he's Francis Ford's nephew.)

You need to see so much more than "The Rock" to get an idea of what Cage can actually do and why he keeps getting work. Wild At Heart? Leaving Las Vegas? Check those out Vi.

And the Coppola thing doesn't really wash...he changed his name exactly so he could be judged on his own merits as an actor. In the early days it was a well kept secret and even casting people didn't know the connection. His early stuff is really quite good.

It's the later, action and formulaic comedy/dramas that he mostly annoys in, or plays the same old character. Matchstick Men? Bah! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » May 14th, 2006, 11:01 pm

I cant wait for underdog to come out. i wonder if its going to be like "scooby-doo" where scooby was CGI and everyone else was real... most likely though...
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 14th, 2006, 11:10 pm

I think that they're going for an "Enhanced" live-action dog. Not sure how they'll do it, but we'll see what happens.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » May 14th, 2006, 11:17 pm

wow. that will be something else... not sure at all myself... all i can picture in my ind though is the CGI scooby-doo in a cape running around yelling "have no fear underdog is here!"
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

There's no need to fear...

Post by Kirby-chan » May 29th, 2007, 6:35 pm

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/underdog/

One of my dad's favorite childhood cartoons is comming to the big screen. It looks like one of those cute movies, but the more you watch it, the more you hate it (Kinda like the Inspecor Gadget movies). What do you think of this?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 30th, 2007, 6:27 am

We have a thread, don't we?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 30th, 2007, 3:26 pm