X-men

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 6th, 2006, 7:32 am

"strapped into an EVIL MACHINE" - brilliant.

Got the second one? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 7th, 2006, 2:38 am

Nah, unfortunately he didn't do that one for some reason! :(

Should I put up Revenge of the Sith on that thread? (It's REALLY funny. :D ) He did ALL the Star Wars ones, very well in fact. (He's a pretty dedicated Star Wars fan. :) )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 7th, 2006, 8:15 am

Hide it again, but I'd like to see it. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 11th, 2006, 6:22 am

Oh, spare me:
:roll: :roll:

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml

There are some interesting things on the DVD as far as debates we were having. For instance, if Rogue should get cured or not — I put on the alternate version where Rogue doesn't get cured. I was passionate about it, because ... you need to show both sides in the film. But there's no scene that was so important to me that I had to have it in the movie.
Just the fact that he doesn't really seem to care if Rogue got cured or not, "you need to show both sides"--shows that he doesn't really have any strong feelings about the characters in his film, or any kind of specific vision for it. There are also three alternate endings on the deleted scenes section, so I guess you pick the ending you like best. So Rattner's basically directed a million-dollar, CGI effects version of one of those old "Choose Your Own Adventure" books. Brilliant.

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 9th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Looks like a fourth X-Men film is being planned - and Bryan Singer was asked to direct it, according to The Honolulu Advertiser.
However, as was the case with X3, Singer said no, in order to direct a Superman film. Nonetheless, Singer is still interested in seeing the script for the Wolverine spinoff.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 4th, 2007, 2:24 am

Does anyone know who might be directing the fourth film and which cast members are attached to it?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 4th, 2007, 3:13 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Ranter comes back after Rush Hour 3.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 2nd, 2007, 3:48 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Ranter comes back after Rush Hour 3.

Was that typo or on purpose, Ben? :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 2nd, 2007, 9:51 am

Haha...a typo, or maybe a Freudian slip? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 30th, 2007, 10:04 pm

I know this thread is months old now, but has there been any news about when X4 might be released, and who's directing this time? :?:

WISH SO BAD they had a different villain, or at least someone OTHER than Magneto AGAIN. :? :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 31st, 2007, 4:40 am

Is there an X4? I thought they were going to go off into Wolverine territory?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 31st, 2007, 7:36 pm

That's what I thought as well. :? Didn't they even hype this to be the "final" movie?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 1st, 2007, 9:47 am

Like Shrek 4? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 2nd, 2007, 3:40 am

You got a point there.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 2nd, 2007, 6:12 pm

The Wolverine film definitely seems to be in the realm of possibility:

Here's what Wik had to say:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_%28film%29

Also Magneto:

Sir Ian McKellen as Magneto in X-Men: The Last Stand
Sir Ian McKellen as Magneto in X-Men: The Last Stand

Magneto was played by two-time Academy Award-nominee Sir Ian McKellen in the movie X-Men and its sequels, X2: X-Men United and X-Men: The Last Stand. In the first and third film, he is the main villain. In all of these films, he wishes for mutant prosperity, but is not above battling the X-Men or killing innocents to do so. He attempts to mutate the world leaders in the first film, though he is unaware of its lethality. In the second film he escapes from prison and becomes more ruthless, manipulating Xavier into killing humans (just after foiling William Stryker's plan of vice versa). At the end of the third film, after attempting to destroy a mutant cure facility, Magneto is injected with the "cure" that strips him of his powers, however the final scenes indicate either it may not have had full effect on him or the cure may be wearing off (which suggests that the cure is not absolute and may do so for the other mutants who were "cured").

In December 2004, Twentieth Century Fox hired screenwriter Sheldon Turner to draft a script for Magneto, a spin-off that focused on the mutant supervillain. The script included Professor X, a soldier in the Allied Forces who helps liberate Nazi concentration camps. He meets Magneto after the war, finding a bond with their mutant powers, but their moral differences drive them apart.[14] The timeline would take place from 1939 Auschwitz to around 1955, and the film would explore the "psychological roots" of Magneto.[15] In May 2006, Sir Ian McKellen said that he would be willing to portray the character in Magneto, using the de-aging technology that was applied to him and Patrick Stewart (who portrayed Professor X) in X-Men: The Last Stand (2006).[16] In April 2007, David Goyer was attached to direct Magneto. Instead of McKellen and Stewart, actors in their 20s will be cast to portray the characters. Goyer will use the script by Turner, which follows Magneto improving his powers to hunt down the Nazi war criminals that tortured him. Magneto's lust for vengeance turns him and Xavier into enemies.[17] Avi Arad has noted the film will have a realistic feel, in which Magneto is unsure as to whether his powers are real or not.[18]

Although I'm sick to death of his presence in the X-films, the stand-alone Magneto one sounds awesome!!! :) I'm not as excited about the Wolverine one though, although I love Hugh Jackman and all, I never much liked the stand-alone Wolverine comics (IMHO he works better when he's part of the team) as they were often too slow-moving, dark, and depressing for my taste. :?

I still think X3 was incredibly lacking as a movie, both in terms of character development and plot. There was just no larger sense of character or dramatic tension, which, although they certainly weren't perfect, I felt was more than present in the Singer films. :?

(And that's not even speaking of the obvious disdain for the comic's fans and the source material. :( )

If Wolverine OR Magneto ever come out, I REALLY hope it isn't Ratner. :?