Horton Hears a Who

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » April 7th, 2008, 10:49 am

It seems like it was so long ago that I saw it. Is it on dvd yet? lol j/k
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » April 7th, 2008, 12:04 pm

:| Dude, I'm like the only person in the world who hasn't seen it yet.

Thats it. I'm going this afternoon!!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 8th, 2008, 6:31 am

No, you're not the only one! ;)

Fate keeps me from jumping down to my local to look this up. I'll try again this week... :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » April 8th, 2008, 2:15 pm

Keep trying Ben! I managed to see it yesterday, and enjoyed it muchly. ^___^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by numbattery » April 17th, 2008, 8:24 am

It just got released today in my neck of the woods.

I thought it was pretty cool. I particularly liked the voice acting. The animation had a nice snappy timing, which was really enjoyable to watch. The characters were likeable and the humour added that little something for the adults in the audience.

There is one sequence in particular that stands out as the most memorable part of the movie for me (Highly stylized action sequence).

A real family film. :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 17th, 2008, 11:54 am

Man, I can't believe the Ihop promotion is nearing its final days. I don't want it to go! :cry: I'm hoping they keep some of the food, but not refer to them as Seuss related... It has happened before.

Moving on, ;) I do wonder when this will get released - the movie. Summer or around the holidays, either one would do. I so can't wait for the Who-ray!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » April 20th, 2008, 12:46 am

This evening, I finally saw Horton Hears a Who. I thought it was great fun! In fact, I believe Horton is my favorite film from Blue Sky Studios.

I certainly hope Blue Sky adapts more of Dr. Seuss' works. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 20th, 2008, 12:18 pm

Agreed. It would be interesting to see what they'd do with the Bartholomew Cubbins stories. I've always loved those and wondered why no one has ever done anything with them. In fact, I've considered trying to write a screenplay myself (I know the rule, "don't adapt it unless you own it", but sometimes you just want to toss that and do it anyway).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 21st, 2008, 8:31 am

Arrrghhhh! It's only on in the daytime now at my local. I'll have to try for this weekend, but I think I may have missed it. Thank goodness for DVD!

Shame not to have seen it on the big screen, but my 12 footer will have to do on this one - I've just been so swamped with work it's thrown all my side projects and things I want to do out of the window. And it's just my luck that next month looks quieter and there's nothing to see!!

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 21st, 2008, 9:16 am

Ben wrote:It's just my luck that next month looks quieter and there's nothing to see!!
What about Speed Racer or Indy Jones? They're both out next month. So's Prince Caspian. Does it take movies that long to reach the UK? I thought the big ones released over there at the same time. On the subject, since it is animation related, will anyone be reviewing Speed Racer for the site?
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 21st, 2008, 10:27 am

Nah, I meant of a similar animation bent.

Of course I'll be along to Indy...the others I'm not so sure. I'll wait to hear what people think of them.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GRUNT » April 22nd, 2008, 10:10 pm

Caught it a couple days ago :].

I must admit, I found it got a bit draggy at parts (off the top of my head, I can't think of any film versions of Dr Seuss books that don't suffer this problem), but that said, it was still great fun to watch :].

Vlad the vulture had the funniest scene in the entire movie with the whole: "TWICE devour!" thing :P.

My favourite part of the entire film though, was the first 'reveal' of Whos-ville. They just did so much justice to the illustrations in the book with all the really wacky gadgets, architecture and the whos themselves :]. Definitely would not have minded much, much more of that in the film :P.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 23rd, 2008, 7:05 am

I saw it yesterday. I thought it was a lot of fun. :)