Horton Hears a Who

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 27th, 2008, 3:39 am

Yes!! Can't believe I forgot to mention it here... I went the day I saw Horton, as to you know, get in the 'Who' mood. ;)

It is delicious! If you've seen the commercials, it's even more 'wow' in person. I went with my mom, and we tried everything on the Suess menu. Loved the pancakes; the way they make it look and the special sauce they put on, yummers! The Green Eggs and Ham, (really spinach and eggs) actually tasted better than I expected. As for drinks, it's basically sprite with red and blue pieces of Jello. My mom didn't like it much, but it was really good! Well, I liked it. ;)

That's about it, I think. Again, I highly recommend going. The promotion idea is really smart on their part. - Of course it is mainly targeted toward small kids, but us who are older can still enjoy it.

Btw, the promotion ends April, 22nd! I'm going again tomorrow for my b-day! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 27th, 2008, 7:59 am

Hope you have a nice birthday! How old are ye going to be?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 27th, 2008, 11:35 am

I wish I had heard about the breakfast when i had gone to see the movie, since it was my birthday my friends took me out to dinner, that would have been perfect. Now it might be trickier to bribe someone to take me out to Ihop just for special pancakes (seeing that I don't have a car ><). I hope every Ihop is doing it, and there isn't something weird where the promotion skips the one here. (That happened to me once a long time ago, I forgot which restaurant though).

Happy early birthday btw Daniel ^.^
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 27th, 2008, 1:07 pm

Thank you both! Darn, now I regret not saying something sooner. Maybe tell whoever you're craving pancakes? Tell them it would be a great belated present? Think Fox, you have about a month! ;)

And since you asked Meg, I'm now officially 21! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 27th, 2008, 1:11 pm

So you're officially an adult now, eh? Glad to see you made it!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 27th, 2008, 4:17 pm

Have a drink on us. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 27th, 2008, 4:48 pm

Yes, but don't overdo it! Happy B-Day!
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 27th, 2008, 6:13 pm

For those who have seen it, how does Powell's score hold up? I usually really enjoy his animated stuff.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 27th, 2008, 11:24 pm

The score is pretty good, but I read that the soundtrack doesn't include the song at the end and that's kind of a bummer because it's really well integrated with the last bit of score and I don't know how it would sound on the album without the song there.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 28th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Daniel wrote:Thank you both! Darn, now I regret not saying something sooner. Maybe tell whoever you're craving pancakes? Tell them it would be a great belated present? Think Fox, you have about a month! ;)

And since you asked Meg, I'm now officially 21! :)
Not to worry, I'll get my pancakes, hopefully tomorrow, so long as it doesn't snow. ^.~ Congrats on 21!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 29th, 2008, 12:11 am

Meg wrote:For those who have seen it, how does Powell's score hold up? I usually really enjoy his animated stuff.
The two best tracks in the film (in my opinion) are in two of the best scenes. The music that plays when Horton tries to grab the clover, and Vlad drops it into the clover field, and the camera pans from infront of horton to behind him, is amazing. And the ending climax scene has some REALLY awesome music.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 29th, 2008, 12:25 am

And since you asked Meg, I'm now officially 21! Smile

Happy birthday, Dan! :) :wink: And many more.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 30th, 2008, 12:42 pm

Going back on the topic of food...

I went to Ihop yesterday and they had the special menu items. I went with a few of my friends and they didn't give us the Horton menu at first because there we no kids with us, but little did they know they had one child who wanted a Horton only meal *points to self*. I got the Who Pancakes with the crazy pink and blue syrup, at first I thought it was going to be too sweet but it wasn't it was quite good. But I have no idea what kid could have eaten all those pancakes, I surely couldn't finish them (my friends on they other hand can be bottomless pits). I also got the soda which was neat. It was so much fun to watch, almost like a lava lamp. ^.~

Okie now we can go back onto the topic of the actual movie. lol

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 30th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Yeah, it was the same situation at my Ihop. At least they do have posters up, so those who don't know about it won't miss out. Glad you were able to go, though! Told you it was good. ;) For those who havent seen what we're talking about, here's a site that has two pics. *drools*
eddievalient wrote:Yes, but don't overdo it! Happy B-Day!
ShyViolet wrote:Happy birthday, Dan! :) :wink: And many more.
Thanks guys!! :)

Have you caught the film yet, Ben?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 31st, 2008, 12:30 am

Happy birthday,Daniel :D.
Sprite with Jello? how's that? :).
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]