The Santa Clause

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 19th, 2006, 7:28 pm

I enjoyed the first two movies, so I'm looking forward to SC3. I agree that Jack Frost looks like a fun character. It's a shame Bernard won't be back though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 19th, 2006, 7:45 pm

Yeah, Jack Frost has a fantastic make-up job.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 19th, 2006, 9:45 pm

Mickey wrote: It's a shame Bernard won't be back though.
Not really :? Did you see what a waste they made him in the 2nd movie? He was all of a sudden 'nicer'. I mean he was always in a way nice, but part 2 changed his character to much IMO.

His replacment isn't really better as well. Spencer Breslin was cute but now he's losing charm. But, does he always have to be in films that feature Tim Allen? Shaggy Dog, The Santa Clause 2, and I know there's a few more :roll: that superhero movie not to long ago? :?
(I forget)

Anyway I agree! Jack Frost looks awesome :D especially his hair :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » October 19th, 2006, 9:58 pm

Tim Allen is in it so I know it will be good nuff said.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 19th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Daniel Jake wrote:
Mickey wrote: It's a shame Bernard won't be back though.
Not really :? Did you see what a waste they made him in the 2nd movie? He was all of a sudden 'nicer'. I mean he was always in a way nice, but part 2 changed his character to much IMO.
Well, yeah, having the grumpy, sarcastic Bernard from the first movie would be ideal. However, keep in mind that in The Santa Clause, Bernard might have just been grumpy due to two recent developments:

1) Santa had "disappeared."
2) A guy seemingly unfit for the job was set to be the next Santa.

Knowing Scott Calvin turned out to be a great Santa might have helped Bernard cheer up a little. Still, I agree with you, Daniel, that it would have been nice if Bernard had been more sarcastic in SC2.

Nonetheless, I would have settled for a kinder Bernard over no Bernard.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 20th, 2006, 1:16 am

Hm? I never thought about it that way Mickey :wink: very good points!

That would explain why he was nicer is SC2. But still, I missed his sarcasm, it made him unique.

When I see SC3, I'll see if not having kind Bernard hurts the film in anyway. If it does, than I'll appreciate his niceness more :P

BTW: I wonder if Bernard will at least make a cameo, that would be nice surprise :D

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 20th, 2006, 1:59 am

Daniel Jake wrote:Hm? I never thought about it that way Mickey :wink: very good points!
Thanks, Daniel! :)
Daniel Jake wrote:BTW: I wonder if Bernard will at least make a cameo, that would be nice surprise :D
Ironically, Bernard has a pretty large role in the SC3 novelization, if I understand correctly.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 20th, 2006, 2:26 am

Mickey wrote:
Daniel Jake wrote:Hm? I never thought about it that way Mickey :wink: very good points!
Thanks, Daniel! :)
Your welcome :wink:
Mickey wrote: Ironically, Bernard has a pretty large role in the SC3 novelization, if I understand correctly.
:shock: say what? This is the first I heard of it. I need to do more Santa research :P

Also I hope your right, that would be a nice change for Bernard :D

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 20th, 2006, 2:38 am

Unfortunately, I think I used the wrong description by saying Bernard's role is "large." I just meant that the size of his role - in the novel - is about the same as in the first two films. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 20th, 2006, 3:31 am

No wonder I never heard of it :wink: that's ok, Mickey simple mistake :P

What a bummer though :(

Back to my cameo suggestion :D come on Bernard!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 20th, 2006, 6:15 am

I wonder if he might have been the result of some deleted scenes? Would the book version allow for his character to be cut out in that way, or was he filmed for the role? He may turn up in some deleted scenes on the DVD. I'm not a SC fan (liked the first one okay but not enough to go out of my way to see the second) so I don't really know how much of an impact Bernard would have if he was missing.

Just trying to come up with ideas to cheer you guys up! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 20th, 2006, 10:33 am

If I'm not mistaken, the actor who played Bernard wanted to show that his character had "Christmas Spirit" in him before SC2 was shot, which is why the character was less sarcastic in the sequel.

Anyway, why is this the only thing people talk about when they discuss this movie? :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 20th, 2006, 1:32 pm

Ben wrote:Just trying to come up with ideas to cheer you guys up! ;)
Thanks, Ben. We appreciate it. :)
Wendy's Jane wrote:Anyway, why is this the only thing people talk about when they discuss this movie? :D
A lot of us have also stated SC3 - especially Jack's part in it - looks fun. We just miss Bernard though. After all, he was once of the main characters in the series. Still, I see your point.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 20th, 2006, 3:19 pm

No Bernard love :( Just because he's not in the film (yet). :P

I still say, Jack frost still looks like a great villain :) Martin Short must have had a blast playing this role.

I've heard that Scott Calvins son returns from SC2 :D that's some conselation :wink:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 23rd, 2006, 6:15 pm

Yeah. I heard he becomes a serial killer. ;)

EDIT: I'm of course only joking.