Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 10th, 2006, 8:41 pm

Do you think I could look it up on the Wiki or something? :?:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » December 10th, 2006, 8:55 pm

The Fox and the Hound 2 was probably done by both the DisneyToon Studios in Australia and Toon City, Inc. . Most of the latest sequels (or midquels, whatever) were made by those 2 studios. They are probably using the same tactics as when there still was a Disney Animation studio in Japan. They used the studio in Australia for the emotional/talking stuff and the Japan studio for the action stuff. Not sure if they're doing this the same way now with Toon City, Inc. ...

I admit, when I saw the trailer I wasn't as exited as I was on the previous sequels of the DisneyToon Studios (and I'm a HUGE supporter of them, altough the actual studio is gone now), but that was probably because I didn't really care much for the original (I think, I don't remember it too well). Altough, when I saw some screencaps of the animation lately and saw how emotional some scenes looked, I really want to see it now!

I love sequels and midquels as I love to see new animation (if it's good animation or subpar animation) and new plot outlines from the original film (in midquels) being created. In my opinion, it only strengthens the character, if it's correctly integrated of course!

Anyway, I always give sequels the benefit of the doubt, and this one won't be any different. Go DisneyToon Studios! :lol:
Last edited by Jens on December 10th, 2006, 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 10th, 2006, 8:58 pm

Hey Jens...is the DDB running? We tried to contact you regarding our launch of Animated Views but get nothing...? Is it offline again?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 10th, 2006, 9:01 pm

Ben wrote:I was afraid it had gone unnoticed.
Not by me :?
Ben wrote: Harsh? Sometimes you gotta be to be true! :)
So true!
Ben wrote: And "curious on many levels of certain plot points going unaknowledged"? It's called using your own imagination... ;)
phooey :)

Its more fun watching :P

Apparently Disney doesn't want things to go unaknowledged.

The question of which sequel, midquel, and preguel is next, is what I'll use my imagination skills for :D
Last edited by Daniel on December 10th, 2006, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » December 10th, 2006, 9:01 pm

@ Ben:

Didn't I respond to that PM? I thought I did?

My deadline was the end of November, as Animated Views was, but I didn't get it finished... I'm still working really hard on it and I hope to get it online around christmas/new year. It's a LOT of work, and every day I come up with new features :P Sigh...
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 10th, 2006, 9:32 pm

Good luck! The offer still stands, by the way, should it all become too much! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 11th, 2006, 11:04 am

From Amazon:
Run Time: 69 minutes
That's one short movie.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 11th, 2006, 2:13 pm

Nope...as I say in all my Disney DTV reviews: ahh, around the 66 minute mark.

Perfect for adding commercials and making up a commercial 90 minute slot on TV where these things are destined to play out forever more...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 11th, 2006, 2:47 pm

The question of which sequel, midquel, and preguel is next, is what I'll use my imagination skills for
Ya do know they won't be making these anymore pretty soon? :wink:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 11th, 2006, 3:11 pm

Ben wrote:Nope...as I say in all my Disney DTV reviews: ahh, around the 66 minute mark.

Perfect for adding commercials and making up a commercial 90 minute slot on TV where these things are destined to play out forever more...
Can you spell "Toon Disney"?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 11th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Meg wrote:Ya do know they won't be making these anymore pretty soon? :wink:
Yeah, I know :cry: but they could ;)

However, I think they are continuing with the Princesses, and Fairies franshises. That's something :P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 11th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Yeah, but...

Have you seen the animation in the Princess series? Holy shoot, it's awful stuff.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 11th, 2006, 3:54 pm

Yeah, for the recicycled tv stuff. But, I was refering to the 'new' cartoons, ie Enchanted. From what I've seen, it doesn't look half bad :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 11th, 2006, 4:00 pm

There's not a lot out there to see for "Enchated" yet.... ;) And I wouldn't count that as part of a franchise - it's an original film, not like "Belle's Tales Of Friendship" or whatever.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 11th, 2006, 4:33 pm

Yeah, I know, that's why I'm exited! Its both new and original :D

EDIT: Wait, I was talking about Enchanted Tales, I think you mistook that for Enchanted which is a completly different film :?