Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 26th, 2007, 6:42 pm

No.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 26th, 2007, 6:56 pm

I . . . can't do it. I just can't bring myself to slug you, your to good of a friend.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 27th, 2007, 9:22 am

Careful. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 27th, 2007, 4:08 pm

Daniel wrote:Well, hopefully the next volume is better and improves what this volume lacked.
Official word is, there ain't no more:
After John Lasseter shut down the video sequels (which were only being used to promote back-catalog "Dumbo"/"Aristocats" titles that needed 2-disk repromotion), the Toon Studio was going to be a direct-video marketing arm, to produce further Enchanted Tales and Disney Fairies...
Until the axe finally fell on that excuse to keep the video animation division going.

(So, enjoy it for the isolated historical curiosity it is-- :D
Although Aurora and the magic wand seems a little too bulk-recycled from Cindy III, and it's a little ungrounding to see old-Disney princesses with Jasmine/Ariel-like "New-Disney expressions".) 6_6

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Should've read a couple of more posts above that once, Eric. ;)

Not to mention, there's a preview of the next volume on Vol.1. Don't worry though, because word, at least according to Jim Hill, was that they were cancelled. Guess he was wrong. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 27th, 2007, 4:34 pm

Daniel wrote:Should've read a couple of more posts above that once, Eric. ;)

Not to mention, there's a preview of the next volume on Vol.1. Don't worry though, because word, at least according to Jim Hill, was that they were cancelled. Guess he was wrong. :)
Or, that it was The One That Got Away.
(Ie., the Belle-rescues-Chip episode was already in the can and on the schedule when bang-bang, John's Silver Hammer came down.)

Looks like we never will see that cliffhanger-resolving "Mulan III", either.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2007, 4:47 pm

Could be, guess time will tell.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 27th, 2007, 5:54 pm

With respect, Eric J, your info is more than a little suspect! :)

There are at least <I>two</I> more Disney Princess tales in the works, and more to come. Disney Fairies are very much alive too, as is the Tinkerbell movie.

Little Mermaid III is still due, and just what is the Mulan cliffhanger??

The second ended with a wedding and fair resolve... :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 27th, 2007, 7:03 pm

Ben wrote:Little Mermaid III is still due, and just what is the Mulan cliffhanger??

The second ended with a wedding and fair resolve... :?
The original announcement was for a II+III to be produced together, a la Pirates, and presumably connected storyline--
M2's ending may have been rewritten for a happy wedding to give some sense of closure, but the story plays up that the characters were still on the way to some unresolved Big Climactic Battle with the enemy, which may have been the adventure plot of a third movie.

M3 disappeared years before the sequels got the axe (which LM3's scheduling escaped), though, so it may just have been sales, or audiences disappointed with no Eddie Murphy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2007, 7:27 pm

Sales were good, and the comman person didn't even realize Murphy was absent; I know I didn't at first. :)

The whole deal with part III, yeah, I remember reading about it, but I don't recall they were going to be connected storylines, like the Pirates movie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 28th, 2007, 7:31 am

There were many "III"s planned, but I never heard anything about a connecting storyline for Mulan. It was announced, yes. The second did bring closure within itself, though any film could be sequelized at some point if the desire was there.

I think the decision was held off to see how Mulan II performed on home video. It sold fair - not spectacularly - and many <I>were</I> disappointed with no Murphy...all reasons why a third, which would have been redundant anyhoo, did not get past an announcement.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 10th, 2007, 7:31 am

I love it :D (well,maybe that's becouse i"m a really huge Disney Princess fan but still).
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » October 10th, 2007, 9:26 am

I had a free rental, so I got it for my kids. It wasn't terrible, but there was no real reason to make this. These weren't stories that had to be told. The completist in me wants to buy this DVD, but I'll definitely wait a while until it's on sale somewhere.

The most annoying thing to me was Aurora's singing voice. 48 years ago she sang operatically. Although that's not my favorite style (I don't listen to much opera), it doesn't seem right to have her sing any other way.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 21st, 2008, 9:56 am

Disney Books site has a book of volume 2 (the one with Cinderella and Mulan about Honesty if you didn't knew) and it's called Disney Princess Enchanted Tales:Honesty,and that's what id says:
Two brand-new Disney Princess stories from the Disney DVD Enchanted Tales: Honesty are retold in this full-color Picture back book. When Jaq and Gus accidentally spill Cinderella's flower seeds into Cook's pies, the palace is treated to a one-of-a-kind dessert. And, when Mulan's Grandma Fa tells a tiny fib about a wish-granting cricket, she creates a really big mess. Little girls will love reading about their favorite princesses as they learn that honesty truly is the best policy.
Sounds nice althought i think that Follow had better stories,i might buy it,here's the site:
http://disneybooks.disney.go.com/books/0736425039.html
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 23rd, 2008, 4:06 am

Thanks, Once! The descriptions do sound nice, but... both are revolving more around the side characters, instead the actual princesses! I wouldn't mind as much if it was just one of them, but both? Still cool though, since we get to see more of Cindy and Mulan.

And I like the title "Honestly", more than the first Volumes.