Disney Princess: Enchanted Tales

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

New Belle and Aurora animated tales

Post by JustinWilliams » August 23rd, 2006, 8:30 am

Here's the trailer for the new Enchanted Tales DVD which will include the two new animated tales. The original voice cast is back for the Beauty and the Beast feature too! In the most-part, the animation looks good too, though the Beast typically looks a little off character in the short few seconds we see. Make you own minds up...[HERE]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 23rd, 2006, 12:55 pm

This is also on the Brother Bear 2 DVD for those who want to see it in better quality.

I was impressed at how on model the Sleeping Beauty characters played, but the animation, though, is strictly dressed up TV fare of the Belle's Magical World and previous Princess-heavy DTV titles.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » August 23rd, 2006, 1:53 pm

Oh you've seen the whole thing already? Cool!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » August 24th, 2006, 10:19 am

Last edited by Uli on May 25th, 2007, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 24th, 2006, 2:16 pm

Oh I loved those fairies! :) Now I gotta see this... :)

I thought it was really interesting how they made a "cameo" in Shrek 1--especially since the film supposadly didn't directly use any Disney designs, only traditional fairy tale characters. (Pinnochio, Peter Pan the Big Bad Wolf etc. were all "generic" desings.)

Except those three fairies WERE the original Disney ones. In addition, the original Sleeping Beauty story has seven fairies, not three. Only the Disney version has three fairies, so I still can't believe DW got away with that... :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » August 24th, 2006, 2:38 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney Princess: Enchanted Tales

Post by Daniel » January 2nd, 2007, 8:49 pm

Notice a difference? Yeah, Belle has been droppped from the debut volume of Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Kingdom of Kindness. Now retitled Disney Princess Enchanted Tales.

Why Belle was dropped so suddenly is uncertain. However, I think the recent death of Lumiers' Va (Jerry O) may have something to do with it. Here's hoping for volume 2!

I'm kind of exited, to tell the truth. Not only will Jasmine finally get a new cartoon, but we'll finally get new Aladdin adventures! :P The funny thing is, if Jasmine's is drawn like Sleeping Beauty, it will look 'worlds' better than the complete series and sequels.

Btw, do you think they'll try to bring back Robin Willaims? :?
Last edited by Daniel on October 24th, 2007, 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 2nd, 2007, 8:56 pm

:shock:

Yikes! This is one DVD I'll be avoiding! Honestly, I really wish they'd just leave the classics alone!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 2nd, 2007, 9:00 pm

I think I'm gonna puke.... :shock:

Meg - I completely agree. I know who this all comes down to, concerning this whole "Princess" series, but I'm not gonna say who, just for security reasons -- heh.

But seriously, who would actually look forward to something like this? (No offense Dan. ;) ) By the way, Jasmine's design just keep getting weirder...

As for Robin Williams: Well, Disney certainly has the dough to bring him back. The question is, are they willing to actually pay that much money to hire him again? :P
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 2nd, 2007, 9:10 pm

Well, people should be more exited about these, seeing as their not 'real' sequels :P

I loved the Belle shorts, on Belle's Magical World so newly animated ones, should be better. Have you seen the original trailer? Sleeping Beauty looks really faithful, and the voices, are almost dead on!

I like Jasmines design, what's wrong with it? She looks the same to me :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 2nd, 2007, 9:29 pm

I dunno. Maybe it's just my eyes? :P

Heheh -- sorry, Dan. I just don't like sequels that much; at least, not the bad/mediocre ones. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 2nd, 2007, 10:00 pm

Maybe it is just your eyes. ;)

Do you think this movie looks bad/medicore? From what's been revealed it actually looks cute, for it target audience (little girls). Wait, to pass judgment ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 3rd, 2007, 1:32 am

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't be too hard on these direct-to-video releases, even if they are sequels/prequels. Well, like ya' said...I can't judge it 'til I've seen it. Too bad I'm not gonna see it -- heheh. ;)

And yep, you certainly do love sequels. I'm trying to think of a good title for you. "Dan the Sequel Man", perhaps. (snigger) I'm just kidding -- I'm just kidding! :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 3rd, 2007, 5:27 am

Dan...a lot of us here are versed well enough to pass some pre-judgment on the <I>quality</I> of such an outing, if not the story.

And this...looks like it will stink! :)

And dropping Belle from the cover doesn't have <I>anything</I> to do with Jerry Orbach dying - that was a year ago, and anyone can muster up an accent as a replacement! More likely that the Belle story isn't anything "new" so they don't want to push that too much. And this is an ad, not the final cover!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 3rd, 2007, 9:51 am

To be fair, these Disney Princess stories are aimed more at children than other Disney animated projects.