The Jungle Book: Platinum Edition

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Jungle Book: Platinum Edition

Post by Daniel » January 10th, 2007, 10:23 pm

The official DVD website is now up! No cover art yet, but there is a new trailer! And wow, it looks a lot better!

Another note, Disney's calling it "40th Anniversary Edition" and its being released October 2nd. :)

Animated Views review of The Jungle Book: 2-Disc Platinum Edition.

Buy The Jungle Book: 40th Anniversary Platinum Edition from Amazon.
Last edited by Daniel on October 24th, 2007, 4:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 10th, 2007, 10:54 pm

Yes -- I can finally watch Kaa in a newly restored light! (snigger)

I have loved The Jungle Book since I was a kid, so I am pleased that they are finally releasing it on an "Anniversary Edition" dvd for the first time. Not to mention, the film looks mighty beautiful in its newly restored coat. I'm likin' this one.... ;)

Thank you for the link, Danny! I was getting goosebumps just watching that trailer. The only reason I'll buy this dvd, though, is because, a) the film itself is hilarious, and b) I love Kaa to death. (heheh)
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 11th, 2007, 12:42 am

Mitch - kaa? Why am I not surprised. ;)

Yup, I loved the film since I was young as well.

No, kidding. The film needed a restoration. And now it finally got one! :) And a very vibrant one to boot!

Your welcome for the link, Mitch. :P

Btw, I LOVE the sequel! ;) :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 11th, 2007, 11:31 am

Danny - Haha -- yeah, I'm a weird person. He's my second favorite cartoon character of all time, after Simba. :D

You know, I think that a dvd version of the film was released a few months or years ago, but the restoration was absolutely repulsive, and the bonus features were in short supply. Hence, I am quite pleased that this new "Anniversary Edition" will soon be available to purchase.

As for the sequel: Haha -- I should have known you love it. :lol: You want to hear something astounding? I kind of like that sequel! I think the only reason I like it, though, is because it was another chance for my sister and I to "spoof up" a film. I wasn't that crazy about the film itself, although I have to admit that the Jungle Rhythm song had me bouncing up and down in my theater seat. (snigger) Kaa got pummeled too much though -- heh.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » January 11th, 2007, 2:04 pm

Woohoo! Hope they do a good remastering - I only have the VHS of it.

And, I also LOVED the Jungle Rhythm song out of the sequel. The movie itself wasn't really good - but the song was fantastic!
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 11th, 2007, 3:43 pm

Mitch - weirdo. J/k ;) how cute!

You are correct! There was a an earlier dvd version of the film, entitled "limited issue". And yeah, it stunk! The film wasn't restored, and the bonus features were cheap, such as song selection? :x thank goodness for this! :)

You like the sequel? Yay! I'm so happy! Yeah, of course I would love it. :) in some ways, I even consider it better than the original. :shock:

Reasons why:

-the Jungle Rythym song, loved it! And have it memorized. ;)

-Mowgli finally gets a family.

-Shanti's little brother, was so cute!

-the return of Shere Kahn! :D

And many more, but the main reason is because of the ending. In the original, Mowgli never said bye to Baloo and Bigera. But in the sequel he does and that right there, made it worlds better. It was just so touching, and yes, it pulled at my heart strings. :cry:

So you see, the sequel actually improved a pivatal seen, resembling that of the original!

Long live, JB2! :) ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 11th, 2007, 4:59 pm

Danny - Haha -- go ahead and call me a "weirdo"; I consider it a compliment! :D
Daniel Jake wrote:
And many more, but the main reason is because of the ending. In the original, Mowgli never said bye to Baloo and Bigera. But in the sequel he does and that right there, made it worlds better. It was just so touching, and yes, it pulled at my heart strings. :cry:
And it also just goes to show that that particular moment finalized and ended the "Jungle Book" series. Although, Mowgli and his friends did kind of "cheat" at the end -- in visiting the jungle every once in a while -- , so maybe it doesn't count. ;)

Even so, my sister and I still went far enough to plan out the entire story of The Jungle Book 3 if it should ever be made. We called it The Jungle Book 3: The Revenge of Shanti. It's hilarious. We even made a whole computer game out of it! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 11th, 2007, 5:45 pm

Ok, weirdo. ;)

Yeah, they did kind of cheat. But I'm not complaining. :lol:

How cute! Making your own sequel, I do that all the time. ;)

How many levels, did you make for your game?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 11th, 2007, 6:30 pm

Strange - I was just thinking of the Jungle Rhythm scene today - but I haven't even seen the movie!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 11th, 2007, 7:11 pm

:shock:

You really should. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 11th, 2007, 8:45 pm

Nah, I think I'll pass.

(BTW, it was a different scene I was thinking of.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 11th, 2007, 9:39 pm

Ok.... ;)

Btw, what scene? :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 12th, 2007, 12:39 am

Daniel Jake wrote:Ok, weirdo. ;)
Haha -- that made me laugh! :lol:
Daniel Jake wrote: How many levels, did you make for your game?
Mmm...I think there were about twenty. If you want, I can PM you about it and give you all the details on the entire game. ;)

Meg - Believe me, you're not missing out on anything. The Jungle Book 2 has some good animation, but the story is basically what you would expect from Disney these days. But yeah -- that one song (Jungle Rhythm) is really catchy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 12th, 2007, 12:54 am

Mitch wrote:Haha -- that made me laugh! :lol:
Sweet. 8)
Mitch wrote:Mmm...I think there were about twenty. If you want, I can PM you about it and give you all the details on the entire game. ;)
You sure like PM'ing j/k :lol: Yeah, if you could. That would be awesome! :)
Mitch wrote:Meg - Believe me, you're not missing out on anything. The Jungle Book 2 has some good animation, but the story is basically what you would expect from Disney these days. But yeah -- that one song (Jungle Rhythm) is really catchy.
Um, hello... What about the touching ending? And the comedy styles of Phil Collins (Tarzan) :lol:

In short, I disagree. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 12th, 2007, 12:08 pm

Danny - Haha -- actually, I hate PMing. But I realize that it's better than going off-topic, sooo.....I'll PM you later, Danny. ;)

What ending? :P (snigger)

I'm kidding. I'm kidding! Actually, the ending could have used a little...improvement. I really didn't see what the point was of Mowgli, Shanti, and Ranjan wandering off into the jungle with Baloo and Bagheera when they should have clearly learned their lesson after their previous adventures and deadly encounters.

And the moral of the story, kids, is: Disobey your parents! They'll get used to it. Uh-huh. :P