Future Pixar film to feature a new Disney Princess?

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 22nd, 2007, 12:18 pm

Don't know about the new Princess,but Giselle,after all,is a Disney Princess,check this out:
Here's the website:
http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs ... _productID
and This:
http://www.zazzle.com/collections/disne ... 9937478667
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 23rd, 2007, 6:17 pm

Well, look at that. You think they could've dressed her up or something, she sticks out like a sore thumb.

So I guess animated Giselle is ok, provided she has a different voice? Somethings not right.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 23rd, 2007, 6:44 pm

Well,i don't mind that,i"m just happy she's there :D.
Yeah,i was talking about animated Giselle,live action Giselle shouldn't be there,she'll have a different voice (so they won't market the live action and Amy Adams).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 24th, 2007, 12:05 am

Aw poor Giselle looks so out of place in the bunch. Somebody give her a gold dress too. *take out gold paint and brush*

On a random note, I went to look at the Giselle Barbie dolls in the store the pink dress/animated one had a totally different face from the wedding dress/live action one. It kind of disappointed me. The animation one had a scary face and the live one had a really ugly face (poor Amy, she is so pretty).
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 24th, 2007, 8:44 am

I think it's pretty obvious that she's dressed as in the movie to 1) create brand recognition that "hey, it's the one from the new movie I must go out and see right now", and 2) that she is new!

Making her gold-y and blending in more and she's just "meh, another princess".

Don't worry, she'll get her gold dress in time, probably when Enchanted comes out on DVD.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Bigotry is bad

Post by mcrow » January 2nd, 2008, 9:31 am

Once Upon A Dream wrote: i don't believe this (espiaclly since i think that Giselle will be my favorite Disney character and princess with Ariel) and i hate this idea of those black\scottish princess,what's next? a jewish princess? a lesbian princess? a swidish princess? stop it,this is getting annoying.
Wow. What would be wrong with a Jewish princess? And to someone who thinks it would be horrible to have a Swedish princess, can I just point out that Ariel (you're favorite) is originally Danish? The story is by Hans Christian Andersen, and a statue of the Little Mermaid was erected in Copenhagen, FYI: very near to Sweden.
Disney didn't make Giselle part of their Princess brand because they would have to buy the rights to Amy Adams' image.
Do you hate Mulan and Pocohantas as much as you would a black or Scottish princess? Scotland does have roots in royalty you know. I'm neither Scandinavian, black, Jewish nor homosexual, but I sincerely feel that you need to expand your view on who is deserving of being recognized as a princess in animated films. Sorry love, but it's all fictional anyway.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Bigotry is bad

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 2nd, 2008, 9:45 am

mcrow wrote:
Once Upon A Dream wrote: i don't believe this (espiaclly since i think that Giselle will be my favorite Disney character and princess with Ariel) and i hate this idea of those black\scottish princess,what's next? a jewish princess? a lesbian princess? a swidish princess? stop it,this is getting annoying.
Wow. What would be wrong with a Jewish princess? And to someone who thinks it would be horrible to have a Swedish princess, can I just point out that Ariel (you're favorite) is originally Danish? The story is by Hans Christian Andersen, and a statue of the Little Mermaid was erected in Copenhagen, FYI: very near to Sweden.
Disney didn't make Giselle part of their Princess brand because they would have to buy the rights to Amy Adams' image.
Do you hate Mulan and Pocohantas as much as you would a black or Scottish princess? Scotland does have roots in royalty you know. I'm neither Scandinavian, black, Jewish nor homosexual, but I sincerely feel that you need to expand your view on who is deserving of being recognized as a princess in animated films. Sorry love, but it's all fictional anyway.
First of all-that comment i worte was unnencecry (espically since Giselle is allready a Disney Princess).
I have nothing againts those Princesses (and espically not a Jewish one (yeah,i"m Jewish),if there will be a Jewish Princess then she,Ariel and Giselle will be my favorite Disney Princesses),i meant that they are doing this just for PC and nothing more,it's not like "who about we'll make her black? that could be nice",if Giselle or Rapunzel were black or blind i thought that it whould have been nice but Tiana and the those other princesses are just made for PC and "Oh look! we have a BLACK princess! come buy her dolls,video games and puzzels!",i"m sure that The Frog And The Princess wasn't made if the Disney Princess franchise wasn't sucessfull and this was just made for adding a black princess for the line.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Bigotry is bad

Post by EricJ » January 2nd, 2008, 4:03 pm

Once Upon A Dream wrote:I have nothing againts those Princesses (and espically not a Jewish one (yeah,i"m Jewish),if there will be a Jewish Princess then she,Ariel and Giselle will be my favorite Disney Princesses)
Among those who're so desperate as to throw early 90's faux-Disney Fox and Dreamworks princesses into the mix, some credit Zipporah from DW's "Prince of Egypt" as the first Disney(-style) Jewish Princess...
(And that's assuming Jasmine would have been Arab.)

May not be technically Mouse, but close enough for jazz. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 2nd, 2008, 11:07 pm

Welcome, mcrow! Hope your not getting the wrong idea and stick around. :)
Once Upon A Dream wrote:(espically since Giselle is allready a Disney Princess).
I'm still not sold that idea. For one thing, aside from that screenshot you posted, nothing else has indicated she's a Disney princess. And second, Giselle's Wiki page states this:
Wikipedia wrote:Disney Princess Status

Although Giselle is shown in both animated and live-action forms, she is not being marketed as one of the Disney Princesses, as was thought when a 2007 Toy Fair showed a Giselle doll featured with packaging declaring her with Disney Princess status. [2] Disney has since decided not to include Giselle in the Princess line when they realized they would have to pay for life-long rights to Adams' image. Therefore Giselle is not being marketed as one of the Disney Princesses, Giselle and Enchanted merchandise has been available in various outlets. While Amy Adams' likeness is used in promotions of the film, her animated likeness is used on all Princess Giselle merchandise. [3]
Yep, Wikipedia isn't always reliable, but its cited, so its not a lie and no-one made it up.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 3rd, 2008, 8:07 am

It's not only that,Simba Toys,Zazzle,Disney.UK,the Enchanted Exprience in Hollyewood also add her with other Disney Princess and said that she's a part if the line and more add her as a Disney Princess.
Don't trust Wikipedia at all,also the artical was about live action Giselle,not animated Giselle (the one that will be added to the franchise) and they decided to say that the animated one too but they are worng.
I can't stand Prince Of Egypt (bah,i whouldn't considre her a Disney Princess even if she was a Disney character).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » January 3rd, 2008, 3:24 pm

Didn't you even read the article? Stubborn. How do you know these places made her princess? Read it somewhere?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 4th, 2008, 3:49 am

The artical was about Amy Adamas,not the animated Giselle (and animated Giselle will be a Disney Princess).
Yes,the officialy called a new Disney Princess.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 4th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Ooooh,i"ve got an idea for the next Disney Princess film!:
"The Princess and the Pea!".
"Featuring Renée Zellweger who's voicing the first Islamic,Jewish,Christain,fat,blind,Franch Disney Princess-Elizabath and Hugh Jackman as the nameless Prince!
Coming soon to theather near you! and don't forget to see the upcoming Lilo and Stitch III with the first alien Disney Princess!".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » January 4th, 2008, 3:43 pm

Once Upon A Dream wrote:Ooooh,i"ve got an idea for the next Disney Princess film!:
"The Princess and the Pea!".
"Featuring Renée Zellweger who's voicing the first Islamic,Jewish,Christain,fat,blind,Franch Disney Princess-Elizabath and Hugh Jackman as the nameless Prince!
Coming soon to theather near you! and don't forget to see the upcoming Lilo and Stitch III with the first alien Disney Princess!".
:? ?!?

where the is Ben the moderator, or Daniel she's a mod to yes?

Giselle is a prinsess, but she will not part of the "Disney Princess" franshice.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 5th, 2008, 1:52 am

Err, I'm a *he*. ;) But I'm guessing that was typo.

With Once's new film idea, I'm pretty sure it was a joke... Although, someone could be offended.