Tinker Bell

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 18th, 2010, 1:23 pm

For anyone interested, Tinker Bell and The Great Fairy Rescue is premiering this Saturday (11/20) on Disney Channel. It's my favorite thus far. Disney is also giving an encore of Lost Treasure right before it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » November 18th, 2010, 3:33 pm

Macaluso wrote:I will say though I did like that the fairies apparently can't actually TALK to the humans
Specifically, in that it shows how new-canon Tink (who is still supposed to be a prequeled "new" character) first learns to develop the pantomime performances from her classic Old-canon character.

Which bridges the gap with the Old-Tink fans, and some of those funny dialogue-free test-animations the studio did from before they had the voices or personalities for the first movie worked out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UMF552z8Ic

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 18th, 2010, 5:10 pm

Not sure that was a "test" animation, Eric. And Tink had a voice: she sneezes, and "old" Tink wouldn't have had a vocal for that.

But I get what you were reaching for... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » November 18th, 2010, 6:32 pm

Ben wrote:Not sure that was a "test" animation, Eric. And Tink had a voice: she sneezes, and "old" Tink wouldn't have had a vocal for that.
The first two "Pixie Previews" (Tink & the bell, and the pepper shaker), in addition to one each for the other characters, were tests for marketing the characters in solid-3D and getting their "jobs" established into canon, way back before even Brittany Murphy had been nailed down for the voice, let alone Mae Whitman.
Disney.com still generates new Pixie shorts, but it's after the voices, personalities and supporting characters had already been established, and pretty much just to promote the new videos and online Fairies site.

(She was always intended to speak for the videos, just that they hadn't yet gotten to the stage of actually getting anyone yet to do more than sneeze.) :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 18th, 2010, 6:53 pm

Ahh...see what you mean by tests and "tests" now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 18th, 2010, 7:48 pm

I remember how much I was against Brittany Murphy voicing Tink originally. Now after seeing the films, I can't help wondering how she would've sounded. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by Duke Remington » May 2nd, 2011, 11:11 pm

Randall wrote:I found Tink to be far from boring or one-dimensional, and not particularly misunderstood. In the new movie, her temper gets her into deep trouble more than once, and when things go wrong she lashes out at others, while still insisting that she be the only one to fix the problem. At the same time, she does have a sweet side, and lots of ingenuity.

That said, this Tink IS differeent from the one in Peter Pan. No doubt. She'd have to be, to support her own movie. To use the original Tink would be to doom her to being "one-dimensional and boring." Naturally, they have to expand on her personality (and soften her up) for her to be a feature star in her own right.

Also... I wouldn't judge a production situation by pre-release marketing. That can be just plain misleading as to what the final product is anyway. The marketing people and the story people may even live in different countries, after all. And if there were last-minute changes, that would hardly be unusual either. We all know other examples from the Mouse House. ;)
I completely agree. :)

"Tinker Bell" and all of its follow-ups are great movies that have been very well-done and do not deserve to be slammed.

Sorry, Estefan, but it seems to me that you really need to grow a heart and learn not to be so negative, critical and hateful.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 3rd, 2011, 1:43 pm

Okie-dokie...something's obviously up here with Remington's attitude toward Estefan.

Not only is this "long-time lurker" releasing some seemingly pent-up anger, but you're doing it by replying to posts that are months and years old on points that have now faded from memory. In this case, Estefan hasn't posted a comment on Tinker Bell since January 18, 2010, and even before (to which Rand replies above) that it was October 25, 2009. So what gives?

Ever think about signing up to the board to put a reply in earlier? Ever think about signing up and putting in replies that respected the other viewpoints of our forum members? Ever think about just being polite to everyone on your first few posts out, at least? Ever think that if you weren't, we might decide to revert you to long-time lurker, no-time poster?

As I'm sure you've seen me say around here before, play nice. But don't think it hasn't been noticed that you're picking out really old Estefan quotes, for whatever reason. How about knocking that on the head and starting to contribute to where the discussions are now?

I think an apology and explanation to Estefan would be appropriate, don't you?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Tinker Bell

Post by Randall » November 4th, 2012, 10:47 pm

I've given the newest Tinker Bell movie a spin. It's better than the last, and about as good as the first. But not as great as the second.

http://animatedviews.com/2012/secret-of-the-wings/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » November 29th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Watched the latest installment last weekend, and in terms of ranking in I would place it exactly where Randall has. These movies are a guilty pleasure and they are made even guiltier due to the lack of being able to use a little girl as justification for watching it LOL

My main gripe with the movie, is the lack of involvement of Terrence. I think that's why I enjoyed #2 so much, that friendship and potential blossoming love elevated the story to being more than just trying to flog stuff to little girls. I don't know whether its cause Jesse McCartney is too busy to voice the guy or doesn't want to, but I was hoping that Terrence would be in this movie as a main supporting character, especially since we got introduced to a couple of male Winter fairies.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 30th, 2012, 12:10 am

Terrence's role made the second film a surprising delight, but it seems the producers don't wish to explore that avenue further, which is a pity.

I'm grateful to have a little girl (and a boy) who like to watch these with me. They're worthwhile for anyone, though!