Walt Disney Treasures

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » February 14th, 2006, 4:51 pm

yup
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 14th, 2006, 8:44 pm

I know where some are. Give me a sec..

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 15th, 2006, 5:38 pm

Time's up...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 15th, 2006, 6:35 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Treasures Wave 6 contents revealed?

Post by David » February 21st, 2006, 1:41 pm

In a post at Ultimatedisney.com Bill Cotter, author of "The Wonderful World of Disney Television" confirms the Spin and Marty title and also states that another disc will be comprised of episodes of the anthology series that feature Walt Disney hosting the show.

He also (not so subtley) hints at the other 2 titles, saying that fans of Pluto and Silly Symphonies will be happy.

check here

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... 035#219035

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 22nd, 2006, 6:00 pm

I hope they don't repeat too much.

"Tricks Of The Trade" and "Plausible Impossible" keep popping up, and it would be a con if they include the already released shows such as the Darby O'Gill epsiode, or those found on some other DVDs.

Though he didn't play a big part in it, anyone wanna guess that "Operation Undersea" might get an airing here?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by David » February 24th, 2006, 7:47 am

Well it would be nice to see it Operation Undersea in its entirity after it's nonsensical absence from the 20,000 leagues SE.

I fear too we may get a case of double dipping, the most likely culprits being "I Captured the King of The Leprechauns", and "All About Magic" although not double dipping in a true sense since they haven't actually appeared on a Treasures DVD.

However from what i can make out there are about 10-15 episodes that haven't been put on DVD anywhere where Walt plays a very substantial part.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 26th, 2006, 7:47 pm

Hopefully they're the target here.

Those with the Archive LaserDisc of 20,000 Leagues have not gone "Operation Undersea"-less all these years, but it did not make sense to hold it off the DVD.

Walt actually doesn't play a big part in this one anyway, so hopefully we'll see some more rarer programs.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney Feature on Oswald - online!

Post by JustinWilliams » April 11th, 2006, 6:16 pm

The motion showcase will soon feature a short clip about the oft-unreferenced Oswald in Disney's history - hear what slant they put on this clip... Why put this out now? An opening for all 26 Disney-churned on DVD? Setting a score straight...?!?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 11th, 2006, 8:24 pm

Thanks. Added this to the front page.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 12th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Thanks for the info. As a HUGE Disney fan I was really excited at the news that they had bought Oswald back but I expected it to be a long wait before we heard anything more. The fact that he's already featuring on the official site so soonfills me with great hope for the future and only confirms my belief that Bob Iger is THE man to return Disney to glory.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 20th, 2006, 1:26 am

If only he would release SOTS.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 20th, 2006, 2:26 am

I think he will eventually, after he establishes himself more.

I think after this summer when Cars does really well and the Disney stock rises, he might give it another thought.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 20th, 2006, 7:27 am

Well, the "50th" Anniversary of Lady And The Tramp came out this year instead of last, so maybe we'll get the "60th" Anniversary next year? ;)

Or...it might be a ploy to release it as a collector's set on the Blu-Ray format. A lot of people would buy up those players to get that title.

Whatever, it has, apparently, been restored by Lowry Digital...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 20th, 2006, 2:08 pm

Yeah, I think they would still want restoration work done even if there are no apparent release plans in the pipe. Maybe after all the good stuff Iger wants to keep some aces up his sleeve for the future.