Igor

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Igor

Post by CGIFanatic » May 7th, 2008, 4:08 pm

The teaser trailer for the movie just came out...

www.canmag.com/nw/11193-igor-teaser-trailer

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 7th, 2008, 5:54 pm

Looks like it could be an interesting film to me.

By the way, is it just me or does John Cusack sound a lot like Albert Brooks (Marlin in Finding Nemo), in the trailer? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 7th, 2008, 6:04 pm

I knew he sounded familiar. I checked IMDB and the only other animated voice John Cusack has done is Anastasia. So I was confused. Then I saw your post and yeah, he sounds a LOT like Albert Brooks.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by vveksuvarna » May 7th, 2008, 6:53 pm

another celebrity stuffed kiddie movie...following the dreamworks tradition...

why not make animated movies that all ages can enjoy...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 7th, 2008, 8:06 pm

I agree with Josh and Mac about John Cusack sounding like Al Brooks...In fact I was watching a movie starring Cusack a while ago and kept wondering if he did the voice for Marlin.

Anyway, Igor looks like it could go either way to me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » May 8th, 2008, 10:00 am

*laughs* I was trying to figure out the voice the whole time, of course from Anastasia (I <3 that movie).

Movie has an interesting idea, I'm not sure how it will actually fare.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 29th, 2008, 11:39 am

I'm really not sure what to think about this movie. It looks kinda like a Tim Burton wannabe.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 29th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Land of Malaria? Sounds like a disease!

I still have hopes for this, even if there's too much redundant hitting and it does look a bit Happily N'ightmare Before Christmas. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 29th, 2008, 2:12 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:I'm really not sure what to think about this movie. It looks kinda like a Tim Burton wannabe.
Um, yeah, kinda. :P

On the upside though, this not being a Dreamworks CGI (and just a rag-and-bones Weinsteins scavenge, from an indie producer), it actualliy looks sorta go...like it might be kind of funn...well, it looks like it won't stink, anyway. :)
Which is the upper tier of compliments that you can give a non-Pixar CGI comedy, nowadays.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 1st, 2008, 2:32 pm

Ben wrote: I still have hopes for this, even if there's too much redundant hitting and it does look a bit Happily N'ightmare Before Christmas. ;)
:lol:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 1st, 2008, 3:22 pm

Thanks WJ. I was worrying that might have been waaaaay too far over people's heads to pick up! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by The Zany Bishojo Evalana » June 23rd, 2008, 12:55 am

It looks interesting, and as a Cusack fan I'd see it anyway. But after seeing this behind the scenes featurette, I'd love to see it as a traditionally animated film.
[url=http://rabbithutchiscalling.blogspot.com][img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/evalana/sig_feet.png[/img][/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 24th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Thanks so much for the link - great featurette! And welcome, The Zany Bishojo Evalana. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 16th, 2008, 8:14 pm

I'm eager to see how Igor does this weekend. In my opinion, the trailer looked pretty good. However, I'm wondering if the distracting pink widescreen bars shown during Igor's commercials have turned some people off of the film.

EDIT: Oops! I just saw an ad for Igor, and the bars were purple, not pink.
Last edited by Josh on September 16th, 2008, 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 16th, 2008, 9:15 pm

I've noticed that myself. The pink bars just look stupid as far as I'm concerned.