A Bug's Life

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Aaron_03 » March 14th, 2009, 7:21 pm

Monster's Inc is coming out on the same exact day. the 19th!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 14th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Randall wrote:I'll have to upgrade to Blu on these. They should look stunning in hi-def. I watched Monsetrs, Inc. last year on DVD, and was disappointed at how soft it looked now that I'm used to HD.
We see brief sightings of both Sully and Dot in 1080 on the Pixar montage in the "Up" teaser, and I repeat: WOW. :shock:
It ain't what we get in the Monsters Blu trailer, which may have been SD from the beginning.

I'm not generally a Pixar buyer (I tend to be sick of the films by the time they leave theaters), but these are the two I might, and bring on Jessie!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 14th, 2009, 8:27 pm

I usually buy most of the new animation releases on DVD but since getting into Blu I've decided to go back to the start of the format and keep up on three lines in particular: the Pixar, Blue Sky and DreamWorks releases.

Those are in addition to the other new releases and Disney films, naturally, but I'm not going to go through upgrading my 2500 strong DVD collection, so am trying to be sensible in limiting stuff I'd like to have again in HD to a select bunch of titles.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 15th, 2009, 2:19 am

Aaron_03 wrote:Monster's Inc is coming out on the same exact day. the 19th!
Actually, it looks like Monsters, Inc. has been pulled from that date. It no longer shows up at Amazon if you do a search, while its entry on my Wish List now says "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available." Ultimate Disney also noted this.

I suspect that they will promote Monsters, Inc. for Blu-ray when Up hits home video in a few months.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 13th, 2009, 9:08 pm

Once again Best Buy broke street date... just picked this up today. I was there, and knowing Target wasn't offering anything free I decided to give in to temptation. Oh well, I just missed out on a rather busy poster and saved $2! ;)

For anyone interested, it does come with a slipcover, not that I really care, and it also comes with movie cash for Up!

I've already seen it and the PQ is amazing! Seriously, it's jaw dropping good! Looks so crisp and the colors really grab you. This is why I love Blu!! There's also a Walt Disney Silly Symphony short included (Grasshopper & the Ants) in HD and it looks surprisingly good too. I need to do a little comparison for fun.