Fly Me To The Moon

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Fly Me To The Moon

Post by Jérémie » July 2nd, 2008, 11:37 am

Some interviews may be found here: http://www.inter-activities.com/filmsfl ... emoon.html

One in English, with composer Ramin Djawadi
One in French with storyboard article Olivier Saive, with exclusive artwork!
www.media-magic.blogspot.com

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 2nd, 2008, 12:45 pm

Interesting!

I'd only vaguely been aware this was in production, but didn't realise it was so close to release.

The poster looks awful (like a rip-off of something), but the actual visuals look pretty good, if a little sub-Pixar, like many things are. It would be interesting to see this as intended in 3D and see if it holds up when moving.

Here's the film's (very nice) official site...yikes! It looks like it came out in February!
http://www.flymetothemoonthemovie.com/

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 2nd, 2008, 1:15 pm

but the actual visuals look pretty good,
Uh, I take it you haven't seen the trailer?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 2nd, 2008, 4:23 pm

I think it comes out in August here in the states.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 2nd, 2008, 6:07 pm

I think you made a typo Ben. Instead of "pretty good" you meant to type "pretty horrible". It's an easy mistake to make, i forgive you.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 3rd, 2008, 6:51 am

Thanks, Mac. :)

Yep, I found the trailer and it does indeed look a little cheap! But y'know, sometimes I like to give these little films a chance, and this does look like it's different to all the other CG dross that latches on to the bandwagon, like Space Chimps, which just looks retarded from the outset. This one at least has heart...I'd be interested to see it in 3D, but it's going to be dead and buried in an August US release slot.

RIP...Fly Me To The Moon...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by wendy » July 16th, 2008, 3:41 pm

I've seen Fly me to the moon a couple of months ago and apart from the 3D aspect, I wouldn't recommend this movie...

It's a children's film and for me as an adult, it felt like an effort to watch it. The storyline is thin and the tension that they try to build up feels a bit forced and overdramatized. Also, the characters are not very interesting in design nor in personality. On the other hand, the 3D space scenes are very impressive and fun to watch!