Marvin the Martian gets big screen movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Marvin the Martian gets big screen movie

Post by gaastra » July 30th, 2008, 8:14 am

http://www.aintitcool.com/talkback_disp ... node/37706

Marvin the Martian is getting a christmas movie for the big screen.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 30th, 2008, 8:49 am

*sigh* Well this will either be good or very, very bad. With the right writer, they could use Marvin to do a great spoof of all those alien invasion B-movies from the fifties, but what do they do? A christmas movie, perhaps the lamest idea they could have come up with. Good grief.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 30th, 2008, 1:07 pm

Awe, cheer up Cha... I mean, Eddie. ;) Although I do agree with your sentiments.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 30th, 2008, 10:10 pm

eddievalient wrote:*sigh* Well this will either be good or very, very bad. With the right writer, they could use Marvin to do a great spoof of all those alien invasion B-movies from the fifties, but what do they do? A christmas movie, perhaps the lamest idea they could have come up with. Good grief.
Uh, believe they mean a movie AT Christmas, which's usually the warning sign for most charmless and overbearingly overmarketed "franchise" big-studio CGI-enhanced family films?
(Charlotte's Web, Fat Albert, Alvin & the Chipmunks, Night at the Museum...)

There's only one week to show a kiddy film in, out of the entire August-April months, and every studio fights over that one week like jackals...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 30th, 2008, 10:21 pm

No, it really does sound like a Christmas story. From the Variety link:
Crystal, a former Warner exec with a first-look deal at Alcon through his Charlie Co. banner, developed the pitch as a Christmas story, with Marvin coming to Earth to destroy Christmas but being prevented from doing so when he’s trapped in a gift box. Alcon’s out to writers and directors.
:?:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GRUNT » August 3rd, 2008, 4:56 am

Christmas and Marvin the Martian can work, if they do it right. You guys remember that Pinky and the Brain episode where the Brain manages to hypnotise everyone in the world with those little dolls of himself? I was genuinely moved at the end, and (call me a big baby) I actually teared up a little :P.

I'm all for a Marvin the Martian movie, as I am rather fond of him, myself :P.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 3rd, 2008, 3:39 pm

The Martian Before Christmas?

That's what this sounds like. What's up with Looney Tunes and Christmas? Seems they're always trying to tie these archaic, non-conformist characters with the warmest, happiest time of year!

Best thing would be a spoofed up 50s B-Movie send up as previously mentioned. Are they going CG with this? Are they not seeing that it's going to tank in the first week?