Pooh's Heffalump Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Pooh's Heffalump Movie

Post by Dacey » February 10th, 2005, 7:34 pm

Have you seen it yet? What did you think?

I hope to see it sometime this week.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » February 10th, 2005, 7:38 pm

Well, technically it opens tomorrow.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 10th, 2005, 7:49 pm

Ah, yes. I guess I'm a bit of an early bird. Or something...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 10th, 2005, 8:00 pm

I have no interest in seeing it.
At all.

I saw A tigger movie. Loved it.

Saw... not much... of piglet's big movie on HBO, and turned it off after a while, since it was nothing but a bunch of different stories about piglet. Not a big awesome movie, like the tigger movie.

And this movie... well it just crapped all over what I was expecting when I first ever HEARD about this movie. I remember the heffelumps, and I was expecting a big full blown movie that was similar to that. Instead, it's a movie about a lost baby heffelump (or whatever his story is), and he befriends piglet and... ugh. It just sounds stupid.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 10th, 2005, 9:43 pm

Why in the world Disney hasn't made an Eeyore movie yet puzzles me. I really, really want to see that film. I want to learn why Eeyore is so sad and what it will take to make him finally happy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » February 10th, 2005, 9:46 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually did make an Eeyore movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 10th, 2005, 11:11 pm

Most depressing. movie. ever.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 10th, 2005, 11:35 pm

How would it be depressing? I mean, don't you feel sorry for Eeyore?There has got to be reason why he is so depressed. And I, for one, am ready to find out what it is. I am not suggesting that Eeyore's personality be changed. What I am suggesting, though, is that the film end on a high note, with the audience understanding not only why Eeyore is depressed, but that maybe he isn't as depressed as we think he is.

I'll tell you a really depressing film. It's about this father fish whose children and wife are killed, with the exception of this one son, who has a bad fin. Then, the son gets captured and confined to a tank, where he awaits his death.

We all know how that "depressing" film turned out...

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » February 10th, 2005, 11:52 pm

What's depressing is the fact that Hollywood is making so many sequels and remakes of old movies.

That's why I hardly go to theaters anymore.

It's most depressing that people eat this stuff up and keep buying into these sequels and remakes. Sequel might as well be synonymous with remake because that's how 90% of the sequels are.

Right now, the only 2 movies I'm guaranteed to see this year are Madagascar and Revenge of the Sith. I've seen something in both films' trailers that's caught my interest.

The other trailers I've seen just are not encouraging at all. There used to be a time when trailers were cut so well they could guarantee ticket sales even if films were bad. No longer the case. I guess there is truth in advertising after all!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 11th, 2005, 12:02 am

Revenge of the Sith is both a prequel and a sequel. And as for Madagascar, that whole "group of misfits banded together on new territory" plot has been done before.

I'm sorry, but if we're going to be that pessimistic, we might as well not let these two films go scott-free. I would rather have a sequel/prequel/whatever-it-is like Batman Begins than some original mess like Gili or Surviving Christmas.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 11th, 2005, 12:06 am

Mickey A wrote:How would it be depressing? I mean, don't you feel sorry for Eeyore?There has got to be reason why he is so depressed. And I, for one, am ready to find out what it is. I am not suggesting that Eeyore's personality be changed. What I am suggesting, though, is that the film end on a high note, with the audience understanding not only why Eeyore is depressed, but that maybe he isn't as depressed as we think he is.

I'll tell you a really depressing film. It's about this father fish whose children and wife are killed, with the exception of this one son, who has a bad fin. Then, the son gets captured and confined to a tank, where he awaits his death.

We all know how that "depressing" film turned out...
*slaps you with the way-to-take-me-too-seriously stick*

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » February 11th, 2005, 1:26 am

I'll definitely be seeing Star Wars. I judge each movie on its own merits. If it's a sequel and it's good it is still good. If it's a remake and it's good it's still good. Of course you don't want everything to be a remake or a sequel.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 11th, 2005, 6:20 pm

I, for one, can't wait to see "Star Wars". I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

But isn't this all getting kinda off-topic?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 11th, 2005, 6:29 pm

I am glad that Pooh's Heffalump movie is attracting good reviews: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/poohs_heffalump_movie/ . I would like to see it soon.

There, now the thread is back on topic. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 11th, 2005, 7:02 pm

That is interesting. I was expecting this film to be a critical bomb.