Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by yamiiguy » October 18th, 2006, 8:39 am

Mcsquizzy, probebly because i'm Scottish though

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 18th, 2006, 10:57 am

I was very pleasantly surprised with Martin Lawrence in this film. When I saw he was attached I assumed he would be no good at all. He doesn't seem the voice actor type! I thought he'd bring too much of himself and make it hard to distinguish between him and his character. I was very wrong! His voice acting meshed very well with the character, and he was actually good at it! I honestly couldn't imagine another voice doing it now.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 18th, 2006, 1:16 pm

Is it worth seeing in a theater? We may go out this weekend and catch something. I'd like to see World Trade Center, but this is a possible too.

Just picked up Monster House, so will be watching that soon!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 18th, 2006, 1:25 pm

WTC is very boring. Not at all what I was expecting. Open Season is fun and not nearly as bad as I assumed, but if there is anything you want to see more then just wait.

There may be some animation history in it though. With all the potty jokes we've had to sit through for years now, we have apparently got to the point where we see a main character defecating on screen.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 18th, 2006, 2:26 pm

:shock:

Did you see United 93? Excellent film, and the main reason I wanted to see WTC.

Then again, I've heard contrasting things about WTC and have to say that it's been out a month here and I've still not seen it, so I guess that shows how much I wanted to...

We may drive out to the country to see some friends this weekend, before I zoom over to Paris for the Disney exhibition.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 18th, 2006, 3:10 pm

Then again, I've heard contrasting things about WTC
They're showing it at my school in a few weeks. I'll let you know what I think! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 18th, 2006, 3:16 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
Then again, I've heard contrasting things about WTC
They're showing it at my school in a few weeks. I'll let you know what I think! :)
With all the potty jokes we've had to sit through for years now, we have apparently got to the point where we see a main character defecating on screen.
WHAT?????

That. Is. Just. So. Disgusting. There's NO NO NO NO NO NO NO way that I am ever exposing myself to this film, even if it wins the Best Animated Film Oscar (not likely!) a thousand Annies and even if Jeffrey Katzenberg himself endorses it! (I doubt he would)

Not even Eight Crazy Nights (which was funny in a really stupid way, with some cute songs) went this far--and I thought that film crossed the line a few times. :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 18th, 2006, 3:42 pm

ShyViolet wrote: WHAT?????
That. Is. Just. So. Disgusting. There's NO NO NO NO NO NO NO way that I am ever exposing myself to this film, even if it wins the Best Animated Film Oscar (not likely!) a thousand Annies and even if Jeffrey Katzenberg himself endorses it! (I doubt he would)

Not even Eight Crazy Nights (which was funny in a really stupid way, with some cute songs) went this far--and I thought that film crossed the line a few times. :roll:
Do you mean that Vi :wink:?

And I also thought Eight Crazy Nights was funny, in its own pecular way :shock: and boy did they crossed the line! I could just say Reindeer and a gross thing comes to mind.

If you know what I'm talking about, than you'll understand :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 18th, 2006, 3:47 pm

If you know what I'm talking about, than you'll understand Smile
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. :? :P
And I also thought Eight Crazy Nights was funny, in its own pecular way Shocked
Yeah, it DID make me laugh quite a few times. I liked the songs too!

I like the part when Whitey's praying to the mall (if you saw the film you'd understand) and then Adam Sandler's character shows up out of nowhere and Whitey's sister goes: "Holy ****, did the mall just say something?" :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 18th, 2006, 4:17 pm

ShyViolet wrote: Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. :? :P
I should've known :wink: but it was funny, for what it was.
ShyViolet wrote: Yeah, it DID make me laugh quite a few times. I liked the songs too!

I like the part when Whitey's praying to the mall (if you saw the film you'd understand) and then Adam Sandler's character shows up out of nowhere and Whitey's sister goes: "Holy ****, did the mall just say something?" :lol:
Yeah it made me laugh to :), and that was my favorite part of the film, the songs! There a bit to good if you ask me :wink:

Loved the scene you mentioned, and yes I've seen the film :wink: I own the 2-disc DVD :lol: come on sequel!!! J/k :P (you know I'm a sequel fan)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 18th, 2006, 4:44 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
With all the potty jokes we've had to sit through for years now, we have apparently got to the point where we see a main character defecating on screen.
WHAT?????

Let's see, the "Family Filmgoer" said that "Open Season" was good entertainment for ages six and older. "Eight Crazy Nights", on the other hand, was not recomended for middle schoolers.

It was just Elliot dropping deer pellets. Yeah, it was rude, but not enough to make me want to throw up or anything.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 18th, 2006, 5:30 pm

It was just Elliot dropping deer pellets. Yeah, it was rude, but not enough to make me want to throw up or anything.
That still sounds pretty gross to me. Yeah, I figured it was the deer 'cause their pellets are very small compared to other animals. (I learned this from looking at that "Everyone Poops" kids' book!) :wink: :roll:

"Eight Crazy Nights", on the other hand, was not recomended for middle schoolers.
Yeah, it's pretty vulgar. But it's on the level of Adult Swim, which I haven't heard any critics say boo about. :roll:
Last edited by ShyViolet on October 18th, 2006, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 18th, 2006, 5:31 pm

Um, you actually read that book?

Seriously, though, the gag in the film is not nearly as gross as it sounds.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 18th, 2006, 5:33 pm

Um, you actually read that book?

Nah, not as a kid, I just like to look skim through kids' books when I'm in the bookstore for some reason! :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 18th, 2006, 8:12 pm

And come on, how can you NOT pick up a book with a title like that? :lol: