Castlevania movie cancelled

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Castlevania movie cancelled

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » June 18th, 2009, 7:12 pm

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/200/05 ... s_the_dust
Damn, this wouldve been a good movie to see.
:cry:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 19th, 2009, 10:05 am

Yes it would've. Paul Anderson's involvement was a guarantee of quality IMO so it's a shame we'll never get to see it.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 19th, 2009, 5:07 pm

Er...video game movies usually aren't very good, and "Castlevania" isn't exactly a household word to most people. So, this doesn't surprise me at all.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » June 19th, 2009, 5:34 pm

Okay big question....WHYwas this movie canceled development? Anyone know this? Not that Im a fan of the series of Castlevania I mean the only thing I saw on there was that the {ahem} awful mario movie was the blame of it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 19th, 2009, 9:17 pm

First, the Mario Bros. movie isn't that bad. It's actually pretty creative. Second, there have been some good video game based movies: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, the Resident Evil trilogy and Silent Hill to name a few. It's just that the stinkers like House of the Dead give the rest of em a bad reputation. I would love to see a Castlevania movie get made, but it'll probably be years before anyone even thinks about trying again.

See, the problem in Hollywood is that they feel the need to spend huge amounts of money when they don't have to. With a solid script, a Castlevania movie could probably be done well for 20 or 30 million (as opposed to 80 or 90 million) and easily make it's budget back but unfortunately that's not how things work most of the time and that's why it's so embarrasing when a big movie flops. If the suits would only learn that less can be more, I'm sure that all kinds of worthy stuff would be greenlit.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 20th, 2009, 6:25 am

Mario is a guilty pleasure of mine and the only real problem with it, other than being confused, is that it all feels a bit small, taking place in only a handful of locations. Let's just say they got very good use out of their main big set!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » June 22nd, 2009, 7:57 am

The mario movie{Despite that I know a few people who hate this film} I find it pretty decent. I used to think it was based off of Super Mario Land because it had daisy in it. I dont know what brought Mario to a downfall but I seriously argee to what Bob had to say about the film.

Now I think Castlevania wouldve been a success even if the critics hated it, I mean look at Resident Evil and Max Payne. Despite those films were panned by the critics they were successful and I enjoyed the max payne film. I even played the video game of it for godsakes.....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » June 22nd, 2009, 7:57 am

The mario movie{Despite that I know a few people who hate this film} I find it pretty decent. I used to think it was based off of Super Mario Land because it had daisy in it. I dont know what brought Mario to a downfall but I seriously argee to what Bob had to say about the film.

Now I think Castlevania wouldve been a success even if the critics hated it, I mean look at Resident Evil and Max Payne. Despite those films were panned by the critics they were successful and I enjoyed the max payne film. I even played the video game of it for godsakes.....