Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » June 19th, 2009, 6:52 am

New trailer to Roland Emmerich's 2012!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIQ48716awA

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » June 24th, 2009, 9:57 pm

When I first heard about 2012, I didn't really have much enthusiasm. I guess it just sounded like another "end of the world" movie. After seeing that trailer, though, I know where I'll be on November 13. The film looks far more epic and thrilling than I had imagined. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 24th, 2009, 10:20 pm

I just hope that they didn't give all of the "epic" stuff away in that trailer. It looks incredibly cool, but most disaster movies do in the previews.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » June 25th, 2009, 1:29 am

You make a good point, Wendy's Jane. When I saw the final trailer for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, I thought, "Hey, this looks pretty good!" I didn't really like the first Transformers movie. Still, I thought its sequel could be something enjoyable. Judging from the Tomatometer, though, my assumption was incorrect.
Wendy's Jane wrote:It looks incredibly cool, but most disaster movies do in the previews.
I agree. The only exception I immediately recall is this. ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 25th, 2009, 10:14 am

Well, that's an obvious exception. ;)

And I ended up liking the "Transformers" sequel for the most part, despite all of the negative reveiws that I had read before seeing it. My main complaint about it is that it felt a bit long.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » June 30th, 2009, 4:23 pm

As bad as these Roland Emmerich can be (10000 BC and The Day After Tomorrow were laughable movies), there is always an element of fun to these films. I just wish he could evoke more Independence Day and Stargate and less of his most recent films.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 9th, 2009, 6:52 am

I'm hoping also that the good bits are not in the trailer.

But then again this IS Roland Emmerich and all the good bits from Independence Day, 100000 BC and The Day After Tomorrow were ALL in their respective trailers, so I'm not holding out much hope!

But, as ever, I'll be there to see it in its "uncut" form...! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » July 9th, 2009, 9:28 am

I got a hilarious spoof trailer for this movie yesterday which pretty much sums up how I feel about Emmerich's films. I enjoy them, but I watch them for the disaster shots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW2qxFkc ... r_embedded

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 9th, 2009, 10:06 am

I loved Stargate, Independence Day and Godzilla but I hated 10,000 BC (I turned it off halfway through it was so bad and that's something I rarely do) so I'll be approaching this one with caution.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 9th, 2009, 10:11 am

Rodney - very well done trailer, and I loved the old-school wipe on/wipe off captions! :)