Captain EO on DVD...now that michael is gone?

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Captain EO on DVD...now that michael is gone?

Post by MrsTashlin » July 3rd, 2009, 5:12 pm

Unfortunately, everyone is trying to make a buck on this, do you think now that MJ has died, they will put it out on DVD? Thoughts?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 3rd, 2009, 7:47 pm

Well, it's only a 17 minute short film, so to make a dvd worthwhile, they'd need to dig out the "making of" special too (which I do have taped somewhere). But I'd buy a dvd if one were available.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » July 3rd, 2009, 8:53 pm

I want a DVD too!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 9th, 2009, 6:23 am

I have this on DVD via nefarious means, and there's a ton that could make it a very worthwhile official release.

- The original widescreen edition (maybe even in 3D to catch the current craze?)
- The Academy-formatted TV version (with some different scenes)
- The half-hour on-set TV special
- Music video for one of the featured songs (forget which one this was)
- MJ performing live at Disneyland to promote the film/launch/ride
- New retrospective documentary or commentary with the creators (producer George Lucas and director Francis Ford Coppolla)

That's a 90-minute to 2-hrs worth of material right there. Anything else?

One of the first things than ran through my head was "I wonder if all this new goodwill towards MJ could turn into EO coming out on DVD?"

If they were going to do it, now would be the time...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » July 10th, 2009, 4:59 am

Ben wrote:That's a 90-minute to 2-hrs worth of material right there. Anything else?
There also exists a 'work-in-progress' version of the movie -- with storyboard animatics and such in place of the visual effects shots -- which I have seen via the courtesy of a colleague who'd worked on the film, back when. 8)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 10th, 2009, 3:41 pm

All good stuff, and I'll bet there's some more that could be rustled up if, indeed, just bunging the 17 minute film out on its own wasn't enough for the vast majority...!