The Little Mermaid

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 17th, 2008, 3:00 pm

Oops, yes! I accidentally wrote the date the cover was revealed on UD.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 17th, 2008, 3:03 pm

Phew...though we'd missed it! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 26th, 2008, 8:40 pm

Here's the trailer for The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea Special Edition:

"A story unlike any other", huh? ;)

And an updated look at the cover art. "Meet Ariel's Daughter"? That's is just lame. And I still think it's an ugly cover.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 1st, 2008, 12:02 pm

An horrible story like any other.
I love the cover thought,it's beautiful.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » November 1st, 2008, 11:39 pm

An interview with Jodi Benson at the home video release/premiere of Little Mermaid III:

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=co ... nk&id=1395

Another interview with Samuel Wright, the voice of Sebastian:

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=co ... nk&id=1396

Nothing deep and revealing about the movies and characters themselves, but Jodi for one is obviously happy that Ariel generates work! :D

She also seems to understand the responsibility she has to see kids that aren't doing so well. See the video to understand what I'm getting at... :cry:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » November 24th, 2008, 6:23 pm

My cousin{Who has a niece and she likes disney films but sometimes not sequels} had this for her niece to watch...I saw it while babysitting her to be honest it was an okay movie. doesnt mean I liked it but however it was okay.

I didnt like the animation of this movie{it was crappy. Ive seen better animation} and whats with the new villan? Geez I thought I was on something but however I wasnt.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 11th, 2008, 4:48 pm

Thanks to an Amazon reviewer, we now know the title of the deleted song for LM:II, and who sings it:
Deleted Song: "Gonna Get My Wish." Fun musical showcase for Morgana, explaining her quest not to be the forgotten child overshadowed by her late sister Ursula. Really not a bad number; most likely trimmed for time.
Yay, who I was hoping for! That's enough for me to give it a rental and a another chance. Although looking at the third review on the page reminds me so much of why I hated it in the first place. It's so... true.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 11th, 2008, 4:54 pm

"Merbabies" (8:34). Fun musical romp under the sea that was obviously a precursor to "Fantasia."
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 11th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Does this help, Ben?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 11th, 2008, 6:08 pm

Nah...I know Merbabies...it was done by Harman-Ising.

But saying it has <I>anything</I> to do with Fantasia...what's <I>that</I> all about!!!?!??!?!??

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » December 18th, 2008, 11:24 am

Here's Morgana's (I really wanted to see an Ariel deleted song,also there was a scene in the original trailer that wasn't in the film that she looks for Melody in a ship) deleted song:

The songs is a funny but bad,the lyircs sucks (Most of the song it's "Wish tonight"),is that supposed to be Ariel who screams when Morgana looks from her window? (Thought many people when they see Morgana).
I liked how they showed her and Ursula's mother thought,also I"m surprised that it's fully animated and not storyboard.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 6th, 2009, 9:51 am

From Ben review about Little Mermaid II re-release:
isn’t actually as bad as Ariel’s Beginning
You must be joking,how can you say that on that horror? Ariel's Beginning is way better then that.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 7th, 2009, 5:58 am

TLM II was better than "Ariel's Beginning."
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 7th, 2009, 11:02 am

Thanks WJ...you speaketh the truth! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 7th, 2009, 5:34 pm

Both of them could've been so much more, but I don't know anymore which I think is better... II really burned me back in the day, so much I'm surprised I didn't turn cynical toward all sequels in general. It's just sad no-one was really able to make the perfect follow up. Capturing magic in the bottle again is a tough task, but surely they could've done better.

I wish they would've made a plush of Benjamin, though. He was best thing out of Ariel's Beginning.

BTW, I am cracking up at WJ's above post with his current avatar. I don't know why, but yeah. ;)